For the role of EU Planner you will be responsible for ensuring that you manage on behalf of the EU team new model launches for Jaguar Land Rover. Production of European collection plans, simulations and costing's for any new model that launches at the Jaguar Land Rover plants.
Using Jaguar Land Rover's monthly Operating Strategy and in conjunction with new model launches, ensure the most cost effective re-plans / simulations are provided and 'what if' options are identified. In conjunction with the EU Planning Manager obtain sign off from all relevant stakeholders within the business. Provide operational support during both trial build and Go Live Phase, tracking costs and monitoring / resolving any operational issues. In addition, provide daily analysis to ensure customer schedules and strategic plans are aligned, ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner. Weekly production of planning KPI information and plays a significant role in identifying and implementing solutions towards our annual cost down target.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• To ensure that a network simulation plan is produced on a timely basis and 'what if' options and risks are identified that might impact on the launch of any new model
• Ensure that the quality of planning in terms of timelines, service levels and overall cost are achieved
• Work within the parameters provided by both the customer and DHL senior management to ensure full coverage of all inbound and empty return traffic is planned efficiently
• Produce strategic planning across the 3 JLR production plants and for collections with the customer remit
• Carry out re-plan activity based on JLR new model teams simulations (Car build volumes movement + / -, Packaging/ Vendor changes +/-)
• Secure agreement of any planning changes with key stakeholders (In Plant, Carriers & Suppliers, Customer)
• Develop and gain sign off from both DHL Senior managers on site and the customer a ramp up plan for any new model launch
• Create, review and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) cost per car (CPU) and to provide cost walks to be presented to the customer for any movement between simulations. to meet contractual terms and DHL expectations
• Actively pursue any new cost down opportunities identified either by planning/ new routes/ modes to market or carrier cost saving opportunities whilst ensuring any changes are implemented effectively
• To ensure adherence of DHL tools; methodologies, governance and standards are applied for any re-plan/ new business activity
• Assist and develop holiday planning schedules for the EU collection service where required.
• Successful launch of any new strategic plan both cost and service KPIs are met
• Successful launch of JLR new model minimum miss fits/ plant stoppages down to the new collection plan
• Positive relationship established with the customer and service providers
• Positive relationship with DHL EU Planning/ Operations and Finance team to ensure cost and operational agreements are signed off
• Provide effective leadership to the planning team to ensure that any new model plan are implemented successfully and on time
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Educated to A Level/ degree Level
• Must possess more than one language skill (Desirable)
• EU Planning and operational and commercial experience
• Drive and resilience
• Strong impact and influence
• Ability to work to aggressive timescales
• Ability to react quickly & calmly within a demanding environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Dealing with complexity and ambiguity
• Personal drive and motivation Problem solving skills
• Previous customer interaction at management level
• Presenting and influencing internal / external suppliers and customers
• Change management experience
• I.T literate
• Previous Planning and or Operational experience in Europe
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.