Purpose of this job is to support the INDUSTRIAL sales & distribution channel on all route to market aspects of the business and at the same time connect supply chain with these channels in order to maximize service to customers, drive cost-to-market efficiency while maintaining GSC function integrity and adhering to policies.
Incumbent acts as key point of contact for the channel and is responsible for managing this relationship to ensure the interests of both supply chain and the business are properly represented.
• Works closely with the business partners to develop customer service and efficiency in distribution, improves integration between business in this channel and GSC
• Represents GSC in channel forums and meetings
• Performs critical stakeholders management, building and developing relationships with key stakeholders internally
• Actively supports structured information sharing on cluster level and participates in relevant channel processes (e.g S&OP) as appropriate.
• Keeps up to date with new developments and trends in the channel and helps shape GSC strategy and development
• Follows up on performance regarding service to customers, customer satisfaction, cash & cost and overall route to market effectiveness and will govern and drive required actions with relevant parties.
• Key custodian of O2C performance measurement for the channel
• Upon request of GSC, will participate and (help) drive improvement initiatives
• Drive and settle inquiries where needed with help from analytical support
• Monitoring supply chain performance for the channel
•Education : University degree or relevant professional experience in supply chain/distribution
Essential experience and job requirements:
Experience : Multi-year experience within lubricants business and deep understanding of serving industrial customers
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
•Full understanding of industrial businesses and Customer operations & criticalities.
•Very strong service and action orientation needed
•Strong interpersonal skills with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, wider team and organization.
•Ability to engage, build relationships with and influence senior leadership and key business stakeholders
•Strong analytical skills with ability to transform data and insights into management information that drives executable action and well informed decisions
•Competent to communicate clearly and concisely in speech and writing
•Able to deploy positive attitude and energize others
•Great end-to-end integration competency
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP Lubricants is a world-leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium lubricating oils and greases. As a proud member of the BP group, our global reach extends into 44 countries and we market our products in over 75. It’s a complex operation of many moving parts – made possible by a close-knit network of over 7,000 talented employees across eleven different functions.
Among us, you’ll find engineers and technologists. Business managers and analysts. We work in offices, in labs, by the race track and on the shop floor. We’re creators, innovators, thinkers and networkers. Graduates, parents, leaders and experts. We share ideas from every background and support every bold ambition. And we benefit from our combined experience, from every walk of life. Together, we’re keeping the world moving. So we’re immensely proud of what we do.