We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine.
The End to End Logistics Partnership (E2ELP) team is responsible for driving the program effectiveness across the GSK E2ELP supply chain in line with the Global Logistics remit and managing the Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) logistics compliance risk.
We are looking to recruit an End to End Logistics Compliance Manager, based at the UK Head Office at GSK House, to lead the ongoing development and management of the E2ELP Global Logistics Sanctions & Export Control Compliance Program.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows –
• To manage and monitor risk assessment strategy across all import or export logistic and trade compliance components associated to cross-border business activities of GMS organizations including but not limited to sites, warehouses, customer services and logistics, production procurement and external supply
• Providing business process support on Sanction & Export Control compliance related issues within the E2E supply chain
• To maintain the practicality and effectiveness of standard guidelines across GMS & E2E Logistic Partnership department at local or regional or functional level; monitoring and enhancing standard templates for local procedures and above site written standards
• Develop and enhance, as lead, the import or export logistic compliance requirements for business monitoring and auditing program, leading the program management as the subject matter expert or an auditor
• To perform investigations into significant supply chain incidents related to import or export logistic and trade compliance and ensure root cause is identified and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented
• Lead E2E LP S&EC service requirements aligned to SAP GTS introduction, through Trade Compliance Centre of Excellence.
• Lead the implementation and management of the E2ELP Customs Broker Management Programme across 100+ countries and 50 brokers
• To lead or support key departmental, functional and enterprise-wide initiatives impacting GSK or GMS / E2ELP logistic and trade compliance risk & controls, including but not limited to continuous improvement projects impacting supply chain operations productivity
• Professional development of supporting staff and coordinating their day-to-day activities and priorities as required
• To partner with the business to facilitate and maintain a compliant status in respect of cross-border business activities
In order to be considered for this opportunity the successful individual will need the following skills and experience –
• Ideally degree educated in a relevant subject (e.g. Logistics, Supply Chain etc) or possess significant experience of Supply Chain & Logistics Compliance
• Exposure to export control and sanctions as well as a proven track record of delivering tangible projects, cross functionally and across multiple regions
• Hands-on experience in the execution of import or export trade compliance programs, specifically in import or export risk assessment
• Excellent communication skills, a proactive attitude and an analytical approach to providing solutions