At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as an Engineering Team Leader and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Plymouth, UK.
As an Engineering Team Leader, you will be working in our rail control solutions team in Plymouth, UK and you will be responsible to lead, guide and offer support to the development team and handle the ongoing development projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Perform the Team Leader function and its associated activities (e.g. PMP, salary reviews, coach the team members, team meetings, process awareness, development plans, definition of training, liaison with location management and other cross-functional entities, etc.).
• Lead several projects/work packages across the department.
• Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as required.
• Provide appropriate resources to the projects.
• Assist in resolution of resource contention across projects.
• Assist in project and bid effort estimation.
• Reduce effort required for projects by encouraging re-use and efficiency in execution.
• Maintain consistent methodology across projects, as far as is economically feasible.
• Liaise with other technical functions, such as Operations, Test, Validation, Assessment, Purchasing, internal representatives of standardization bodies.
• Identify and address cross-project inefficiencies and blockages.
• Improve efficiency and quality of the work performed by the team.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or similar field.
• Strong Engineering experience within product development, in a similar industry will be considered mandatory for this role.
• Extensive experience in leading development teams.
• Knowledge of safety critical systems will be highly preferred.
• Technical Project Management experience and knowledge of Agile will be preferred.
• Experience and/or knowledge of railway signalling systems will be considered a plus.
• Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project and/or Primavera are considered a plus.
• Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS, Rational Synergy or similar will be considered a plus.
• Open minded, easily adaptable, positive attitude towards new challenges.
• Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
• English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, any other European language will be considered a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.