For the role of Freight Procurement Manager you will be working closely with Operations, Planning, Project and the customer to secure the most suitable, cost effective method of operation and service provider for each country, region, lane and mode of transport. Develop the carrier base, by selecting appropriate and compliant carriers, building long term partnership via effective carrier management. Measure carrier performance levels against agreed targets taking appropriate proactive action where necessary. Pro-active seek innovative solutions/methodologies of freight procurement supporting the delivery of contractual cost down commitments and delivery of the contract's future solution roadmap
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Develop, own and deploy the Procurement Strategy for the account (S) under his/her responsibility, keeping up to date with market conditions and ensuring customers and colleagues are aware of them and their implications on to the business.
• Ensure that DHL demonstrates innovation and generates opportunities to reduce the cost base with no adverse effect on service.
• Work closely with GBS Procurement team when running RFQs and transport buying activities, ensuring agreed deliverables are met - including any specific customer requirements, timelines and carriers communications.
• Overall ownership for the contract negotiation with suppliers, ensuring 100% compliance on contracts signed prior to start up and/or in line with customers' contractual agreement.
• Build a strong working relationship with transportation service providers to support the success of the supply chain. Understand their business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities
• Support the business with the implementation of all aspects of PCM function within new contracts, ensuring smooth hand over to the operational team.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Experience in multi modal transport operations (Courier, Road, Air & Sea), freight forwarding - DGF / Express / Freight
• Experience in LLP operations in Supply Chain division
• Transport / Procurement / Supplier Management
• Extensive Supervisory or Management experience in Freight Forwarding and or a logistics environment experience
• Customer relationship management skills - Senior Account Management experience
• Demonstrable record of service improvement through innovation
• Experience in working on or with different countries is desirable
• Cultural awareness - will be dealing with cross border contract team and providers from all over the world
• Educated to Degree level
• MCIPS or working towards it
• Diploma/ Certificate in Logistics/ Freight Forwarding
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.