Maintain accurate forecasts and appropriate stock levels across areas of responsibility to ensure availably and profit targets are delivered.
Effective planning of key Food strategies Including promotional planning, NPD launches, peak trading, events and range launches.
• Achieve availability, inventory targets and profit targets
• Proactively drive sales and availability through effective forecast and inventory planning
• Expert use and manipulation of Q and other systems to deliver required availability and Inventory targets.
• Effective Communication and relationship building with category forecast planners, trading teams, retail and store performance team, updating on forecast and availability status.
• Working closely with SCPs and Suppliers on current availability issues and requirements to meet availability and demand.
• Spot opportunities to be more dynamic and responsive, always ensuring we deliver the best service to our customers
• Drive best practise and look to improve ways of working whilst demonstrating the business values within the forecasting function.
• Provide reporting, insight and communication to the wider business on forecast and inventory position
• Successful product and range launches in line with critical path, includes planning ideal inventory for launch and initial weeks, no of trays per store per line and weekly forecasts. Ensure all relevant documents are populated and accurate.
• Play a leading role in the NPD planning process ensuring forecasting function has voice around ideal store numbers and likely impact
• Build and maintain excellent supplier relationships working with them and Supply chain planners to ensure delivery of required volumes
• Work with buyers and commercial teams to plan deliver promotional activity – providing forecast and inventory insight
• Accurate and timely system set up for all promotional, NPD and event activity using expert knowledge to build forecasts at STG and regional level working with the Store Performance Team.
• Analysis and recommendations into trading on current range performance, using PACE to inform future decision making and forecast plans.
• Attend all relevant creative seal meetings as required to help shape future launch plans and ensure 100% execution.
• Demonstrate the M&S values in role
Key measures / KPI’s
• Food Group Sales, Availability and Waste targets
• Successful NPD and range launches
• Generation of new ideas and CI
• Retail Feedback
• Expert in Central Forecasting System (Q)
• Strong excel skills
• Strong strategic and analytical skills
• Strategic Planning
• Numeracy Skills
• Build strong relationships and act with integrity
• Stakeholder engagement
• Visionary and forward looking
• Structured and Organised