• This is a key role working closely with Operations, Planning, Project and the customer to secure the most suitable, cost effective method of operation and service provider for each country, region, lane and mode of transport.
• Negotiate with service providers to gain the most competitive rates whilst adhering to specific service requirements of the customer's operation
• Research alternative freight options and benchmark existing rates to justify current selection and to generate cost saving opportunities.
• Develop the carrier base, by selecting appropriate and compliant carriers, building long term partnership via effective carrier management. Measure carrier performance levels against agreed targets taking appropriate proactive action where necessary.
•Support the delivery of contractual cost down commitments and delivery of the contract's future solution roadmap
Build a strong working relationship with transportation service providers to support the success of the supply chain. Understand their business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities
•Ensure that DHL demonstrates innovation and generates opportunities to reduce the cost base with no adverse affect on service
• Maintain a database of all current and historical rates in line with the carrier onboarding process to support an automated Freight Bill audit and payment solution
•Work closely with GBS Procurement team when running RFQs and transport buying activities, ensuring agreed deliverables are met - including any specific customer requirements
•Monitor and report carrier service levels and where necessary take appropriate action to improve their performance
•Support the business with the implementation of the PCM function within new contracts.
•Support the delivery of PCM implementation on time and within budget.
•Support driving internal PCM projects to enhance and drive our Strategy
•Achievement of contractual KPIs relating to carrier management, exceeding required customer service levels
• Build and foster cross divisional relationships to maximise freight procurement opportunities for the European LLP and wider DHL business.
• Support the DHL team in providing cost, service options or simulated solutions for the customer - including the delivery of any future roadmap solutions