• Typically degree standard of education or equivalent
• Extensive experience in Demand Planning
• Have a first experience in leading a team
• Understanding of sales / commercial processes
• Understanding of supply planning and customer service processes
• SAP /Planning systems experience
• Excellent organisation, managerial and multi-tasking skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and build cross-functional partnerships across the organization
• Good oral and written English language skills
• Willing to travel
• Develop and embed robust Market / Channel specific Demand Planning processes to support the Supply Chain Operating model.
• Manage end to end Demand Planning (both volume and value) across all Consumer Healthcare categories to improve customer service levels and to reduce end-to-end COGS and working capital
• Lead Demand Planning input into the market Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings
• Contribute to and lead significant projects to transform the operating model
• Own the Demand Planning process across all categories for a 24 month horizon
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of all components of the Demand Forecast :
o Statistical baseline
o Promotion and repacking uplifts and cannibalisation effects
o Sales and Marketing intelligence
o New Product Introductions
o Consumption, stock in trade and market data
• Ensure full volume and value alignment of market Demand Forecast with commercial organization and Finance Business Partners
• Interpret the key trends impacting market, sector, category and brand performance
• Lead Demand Planning input into the key Market Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings
• Lead Demand Planning input into the 3/1 Planning cycle with responsibility for the delivery of a detailed volume Budget in Year 1
• Lead an effective product lifecycle management process
o Lead process to clear residual and slow moving stocks with commercial teams
• Direct management responsibility for market Demand Planners
o Set and monitor performance and development objectives as part of the PDP process, ensuring that such objectives support departmental and business strategy
• Provide expert Demand Planning input into the Customer Supply Chain Lead and develop effective working relationships with in-Market Supply, Warehouse & Distribution and Customer Service.
• Build strong network of contacts with managers in the Commercial, Supply Planning and Category teams
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Consumer Healthcare produces a range of consumer health products based on scientific innovation. They develop and market a range of products in the areas of: Pain Relief, Respiratory, Oral Health, Nutrition/Gastro Intestinal and Skin Health. These include a number of well-known brands such as Sensodyne, Paradontax, Poligrip, Voltaren, Panadol, Otrivin and Theraflu.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.