• Experience with capital purchasing for a large organisation and or multinational experience, including JCT or NEC contracts.
• Experience of large scale global business change projects/programmes, including implementing new strategies for capital procurement.
• A proven track record working in capital procurement delivering to agreed targets and deadlines.
• Has credibility, strong communication & influencing skills and able to work well both within a team and in a matrix management environment.
• Has procurement or commercial experience engaging directly with and managing external suppliers and agencies.
• Created performance management reporting and stakeholder management workshops.
• Has experience of managing project teams or direct reports.
• Good understanding of MS Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good understanding of MS Project (Planning Tool).
• Good understanding of Share Point (Team Site) applications.
• Experience with remote team working (live meeting and teleconferencing).
• Experience of coordinating capital buying innovation across complex stakeholder groups.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical companies. Our powerful combination of skills and resources provide the platform for delivering strong growth and the platform for responding quickly to the rapidly changing global healthcare environment. We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 markets, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
GSK has a global portfolio of sites with capital spend between £700 – 900m per annum. There is a requirement to deliver a strategic coordinated approach to construction and technical professional services categories both globally and regionally. This includes working with GSK facilities, Engineering teams and suppliers to deliver cost savings and project delivery.
We are currently recruiting a Global Capital Buyer to be based in Brentford, London. This role will help to support the construction projects procurement packages and technical services requirements, delivering innovation, supplier relationship management and world class performance for on time delivery and operational efficiency. This will include the implementation of standardisation where appropriate and total cost of ownership benefits delivery. The role is to also develop partnerships with key suppliers, including across procurement teams into key suppliers, to drive innovation, performance and trust across the market and GSK facilities.
The successful candidate will be involved with a diverse range of activities including:
• Proactively identify, develop and execute innovative sourcing of contracts, under the leadership of the Commodity Manager, for EPC/EPCM providers and sub-contractors of various construction works packages as appropriate across the GSK footprint (including across the supply chain). This will require working closely with teams within procurement, engineering and capital project delivery. This is a global commodity and as such supports all regions with key spend situated specifically in the UK, Europe, North America, India and Asia Pac regions.
• Create partnerships and supplier relationship programmes to drive performance of existing and new capital projects across the global network.
• Lead performance related management of project delivery with suppliers and assist in the mitigation of losses or compensation issues.
• Drive Total Cost of Ownership innovation and strategies deployment into sites.
• Ensure the savings reporting and financial benefits analysis of projects including budgets for sites and use these models to target and prioritise the highest impact improvement areas.
• Translate successful pilot projects into standards, guidelines and procedures which can be applied across the whole supply chain working with engineering counterparts.
• Support capital governance boards for to senior stakeholder levels.
• Have knowledge and experience of JCT, NEC contracts and general EPC/EPCM style contracts.
• Work collaboratively, and to build strong relationships internally and with external suppliers.