Are you interested in the challenge of operating with a truly global and strategic mindset in a highly complex category?
We are looking for a Global Category Buyer within our Agricultural Commodities team. Here you will create and execute comprehensive global sourcing strategies for commodities such as Rapeseed Oil, Xanthan, Carrageenan, Soy Protein Concentrate and Rutin.
You will identify sustainable, long term savings opportunities through the strategy creation process, identifying and exploring all potential value levers and become an expert within your commodities.
As a team you will be responsible for an annual spend of c£50m supporting a network of 60+ GSK sides, Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) and c50 suppliers around the world.
What will you do in this role?
• Strategy Development - Lead the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact GSK financial results
• Strategy Implementation - Implement initiatives and projects to improve quality of commodities and related services thereby reducing lead times
• Supplier Relationship Management - Lead, develop and manage the supply base for external GMS end to end supply chain providing supply of high quality and competitively priced materials and services, to meet GSK requirements. Lead strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost-effective sources for relevant commodities
• COGS 2020 – Develop savings road map for relevant commodities to meet COGS 2020 ambition and drive implementation
• Working Capital – Drive reduction in inventory across GMS sites through strategic interventions with key suppliers
• Risk Management - Lead the development of Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply
• Stakeholder engagement - Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain planning forums, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and cross functional team
• Provide best in class cost and the sharing of best practice across both the commodity team and production procurement
• Supply base optimization – maximize spend and savings with preferred global and regional supplier partners while eliminating the tail
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within commodity team and related supply base
• Resolution of second touch issues regarding supply escalated from sites
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th June 2018
• Strong commercial acumen paired with exceptional negotiation and communication skills, the ability to build and sustain close business relationships internally and externally
• Supply Chain/Procurement experience across multiple markets
• Stakeholder management experience
• Project and Change management experience
• A proven track record of delivering significant cost of good reduction and streamlining of the supplier base
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Technical understanding of supply base manufacturing processes
• Experience of negotiating formal written contracts
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus Scheme
• 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
• Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
• Share Option & Save Schemes
• Plus much more