• Educated to Degree level eg Business Administration/Finance/Marketing.
• Relevant experience in procurement
• Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
• English proficiency (written and oral), other language will be a plus
• Leadership/communication skills
• Full knowledge to deal with Microsoft tools
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Proven ability to work remotely and successfully in global complex organisations
• Special skill on Excel , pivot tables, and databases understanding
• Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
• Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
• Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
• MBA, MCIPS (or US/International equivalents), Masters e.g. Business Administration/Finance/Marketing.
• Experience in Marketing or Digital Agencies is preferred
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare, dedicated to our mission to help people do more, feel better & live longer. We also have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our CBS Procurement department in the role of Global Category Leader Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Procurement.
The Global Category Leader (GCL) must work in close partnership with internal stakeholders, such as marketing and finance to help drive business growth and improve the profitability across all Business Units, including Consumer Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Vaccines.
This is a new role within Marketing Procurement, created to lead the sourcing efforts to help deliver GSK’s ambitious digital strategy. As such, the role will be in charge of the creation, execution and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for Digital Advertising and e-Commerce solutions, working hand in hand with the broader Commercial Procurement teams and with Regional Procurement colleagues.
Demonstrating a high interest and understanding in digital marketing and related technologies
• Leveraging deep category and market expertise
• Operating in a truly global manner
• Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
• Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers, and drive sustainable value for GSK from such relationships
• Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK (marketing and IT mainly)
• Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
• Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
• Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture, in line with the Spend Management Framework (GSK’s saving recognition standard)
Strategy creation & execution
Create comprehensive global sourcing strategies for Digital Advertising and e-Commerce solutions, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the broader Global Category Leaders in Commercial Procurement (i.e. Media, Creative, IT etc) to ensure full alignment with global strategies
Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and the fit with regional strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
Become the internal expert in the digital and e-commerce industries, having a deep understanding of the various channels of digital marketing of underlying technologies
Deliver global benefits, quality, service, cost and innovation.
Create and deliver effective global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
Influence key regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
Lead regional supply base reviews and global strategy reviews.
Develop and implement effective and collaborative ways of working within the category management structure across geographical regions to ensure a cohesive regional approach to the global strategy
Initiate and lead processes to enable regional and local Procurement representatives to input regional and local business requirements and market dynamic information
Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
Set direction & inspire
Work across boundaries
Develop capability & talent
Live our values