GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine.
GMS Production Procurement manages a total third party spend of over £3bn and is tasked to deliver 25% reduction in Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) by the end of 2020. The GMS ambition is to grow the business as well as generating significant cost reduction.
To support delivery of these objectives we are looking to recruit a Global Category Manager for COGS Raw Materials. This individual will be responsible for increasing the strategic impact of Procurement and to drive these challenging objectives.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows –
• Strategy Development - Lead the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global, regional or local basis in alignment with GSK and Procurement to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact GSK financial results
• Strategy Implementation - Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
• Supplier Relationship Management - Lead, develop and manage the supply base for external GMS end to end supply chain providing supply of high quality and competitively priced materials and services, to meet GSK requirements. Lead strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective sources for relevant commodities
• Risk Management - Lead the development of Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply
• Stakeholder engagement - Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain planning forums, establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
• Provide best in class cost and the sharing of best practise across both the category team and production procurement
• Coach and mentor to maximise team and individual performance
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
In order to be considered for this opportunity the successful individual will need the following skills and experience –
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or possess significant and demonstrable experience of Supply Chain/Procurement across global markets
• Possess strong commercial acumen paired with exceptional negotiation and communication skills, the ability to build and sustain close business relationships internally and externally
• Experience in manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements
• A proven track record of delivering significant cost of good reduction and streamlining of the supplier base
• Experience with the implementation of tangible continuous improvement methodologies