Procurement in GSK is a global function, with close to 1000 employees around the world, based in 67 countries. Global Procurement is responsible for proactively managing more than £12 Billion of 3rd party spend, managing 450,000 suppliers in 92 countries.
GSK Procurement’s mission is to influence the company's entire third-party expenditure, partnering with business units and driving value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets.
Procurement activity includes managing a range of goods and services that can be split into (i) direct and (ii) indirect categories. The direct category includes materials that are purchased that will go into the actual medicines, vaccines and products that GSK sells into markets worldwide. Indirect categories are services that are purchased by the organisation to support its operations and commercial activities, these may include for example: research and development expenditure, marketing services, IT and travel.
Global Procurement’s objectives are:
1. Increase our value delivery: drive savings to meet business targets, whilst ensuring quality and supply
2. Make buying simpler: Procurement understands business needs and connects GSK employees seamlessly to the right suppliers
GSK CBS Procurement has an opening for a Global Category Manager for the Financial Business Services (Finance Consulting) category to join the dynamic Professional Services Procurement Team.
What is the purpose of this role?
This is a role operating in a complex, competitive environment, responsible for the procurement of Financial Business Services (tax, internal audit, finance and risk consulting services) for GSK. This is an exciting role in a critical category that has senior level engagement and visibility.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Developing comprehensive, best-in-class, global category strategies for Financial Business Services
• Delivering benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Becoming the Procurement expert in the sub-categories managed across the Financial Business Services category
• Quickly building strong stakeholder relationships across five key business areas, developing a robust stakeholder plan with internal stakeholders at senior levels
• Establishing yourself as key partner to the business, deploying excellent stakeholder relationship management principles with your stakeholders to understand and meet their needs, whilst aligning to the Procurement agenda
• Leading the execution of sourcing processes and negotiations to identify and select the appropriate suppliers, whilst ensuring GSK’s needs are met through delivery of quality services
• Developing and managing relationships with selected preferred global professional services firms in order to improve supplier performance and value generation
• Planning and negotiating contracts and agreements with suppliers
• Working within the Professional Services and wider Corporate Services Procurement teams to build strong peer networks to provide support to team members
• Building your external network to develop an understanding of what best-in-class looks like in the category and to deliver continuous improvement and leading market practices across the space
• Identify cost savings opportunities and contribute to value delivery targets
• Ensure compliance to internal policies and all legal requirements, continuously seeking to reduce GSK’s risk exposure when dealing with third parties
What skills & qualifications do I need to apply?
• University level degree
• Experience of working within a matrix procurement organization
• Experience of strategic category management, from strategy creation and signoff through to implementation and delivery
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, including experience of managing and influencing at multiple levels within a multi-country organization, up to and including CET-1
• Advanced data analysis skills, including proficient knowledge of MS Excel
• Good written/reporting and verbal communication skills
What else would benefit me in this role?
• Strong negotiation skills, with professional training
• Experience of professional services procurement
• Ability to use interpersonal skills in a highly effective manner to deliver results
• Experience of working within a global company
• Experience of working within a pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare company
• Evidence of strategic thinking
How would I be rewarded in this role?
We will reward your contributions to GSKs success through your salary, bonus or sales incentives, and recognition awards.
Competitive Base Salary – Your salary is paid monthly on the 20th day of the month (or nearest business day) It is reviewed each year to ensure it stays competitive and reflects your performance and contribution to GSK’s strategy.
12% Annual Target Bonus – Your individual performance is worth 60% if your total bonus and is based on the achievement of your personal objectives. The high level results of your business area is worth 40% of your total bonus.
SHARES & SAVINGS – Gives you a stake in GSK’s success and helps you save for the future, in partnership with GSK.
Share Value Plan - The Share Value Plan rewards your personal contribution to GSK’s success.
Share Reward – Share reward allows you to invest up to 5% (maximum of £125)of your salary each month in GSK shares and receive a free share for every share you buy.
GSK Pension Plan – You automatically become a member of the GSK pension plan when you join GSK. An account is opened in your name and GSK contributes a core amount of 7% of your pensionable salary into your account each month. You are also required to make a contribution of 2%, GSK will match any contributions you make up to a maximum of 3% of your pensionable salary (total contributions up to 15%)
HEALTH & LIFE – Looks after you and your family’s health & wellbeing.
Holidays – You are entitled to 26-days paid personal holiday each year (increasing to 27 days after 5yrs and 28days after 10yrs service) plus eight paid public holidays.
Healthcare Plan – The GSK Healthcare Plan is designed to you and covered family members’ access to prompt medical treatment. You can join the healthcare plan at anytime.
Health MOT – You will be invited to have a Health MOT once every 2 years. The health MOT is a free and confidential health check.