Following the arrival of our new Chief Digital & Technology Officer there are huge plans to change IT and drive the digital agenda within GSK. This includes a focus on innovation, data and ensuring that we work at a fast-pace to keep up with the rapidly changing environment.
As the Global Category Manager within IT Software & Services you will be tasked to support these projects from a strategic point of view; working in collaboration and getting involved at the outset to shape the sourcing strategy accordingly.
The Category team is highly visible within GSK, focused on working in collaboration and partnership with the business leaders in IT. It is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced, highly-motivated environment within a high performing team. Individually you will be responsible for a spend of circa £50m with a complex vendor base.
What Is Your Job Purpose?
• Establishes a long term vision and a 5 year global sourcing strategy supporting the growth and internationalisation objectives of GSK, but also the evolution of internal requirements and market capabilities
• Nurtures cooperation and relationship with senior key stakeholders. Ensures
• their requirements are understood and challenged.
• Develops, manages and rationalizes global and local supplier networks in order to maximize value, minimize risk and meet GSK requirements of assurance of supply, quality, compliance, value for money and innovation.
• Ensures the implementation of consistent sourcing strategies globally.
• Represents Procurement in key forums
What Will Your Key Responsibilities Be?
• Reduce total cost and increase total value of categories in scope, using all possible levers and developing operational excellence.
• Manage and develop a pool of suppliers worldwide. Design and implement SRM model.
• Rationalise overall supplier base for the category. Encourage innovation and value generating ideas coming from suppliers in a selective and prioritised
• Develop and implement global sourcing strategies that meet global business targets (supply security, risk management, best service to customers, compliance, cost effectiveness).
• Nurture excellent relationship with internal stakeholders. Develop a sound understanding of their requirements. Introduce procurement in the earliest stage of process development in order to increase value and mitigate risks.
• Monitor, enhance and report supplier performance. Organize regular business review meeting with supplier’s senior management for assessment of past performance, continuous improvement and alignment of suppliers with GSK’s priorities.
• Develop market knowledge: participate to international exhibition, gain insight on low cost countries opportunities and maturity. Develop Cost benchmark within the Pharma and food industry
• Lead the negotiation and/or the review of global Supply Agreements in scope. - .
• Act ethically and comply with all mandatory processes and procedure. Report any deviations to the official channels.
• Lead or represent Procurement in any agreed programs or projects.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 13th April 2018
• Experience of procurement within IT, ideally software and services
• Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable about leading-edge technology
• Degree qualified within appropriate subject
• CIPS qualification
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
How do I develop my career?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
• You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus Scheme
• 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
• Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
• Share Option & Save Schemes
• Plus much more