GSK defined vision and strategy for Consumer Healthcare is to build a business that will deliver industry-leading growth in the years ahead to become the world’s first Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company in the world, driven by science and values, bringing together global brands such as Panadol, Voltaren and Horlicks.
Procurement plays a pivotal role supporting the business to achieve its ambitions, and as a result, a procurement team has been put in place to support each of the Consumer Healthcare categories to drive the business needs using an end to end approach.
The Global Category Manager Procurement New Product Supply - Pain and Respiratory Health will report to the Director of Consumer Healthcare Pain, Respiratory, Nutrition & Digestive Health categories supporting the strategic objective and ambition of the brands associated in areas covering areas such as Risk, Gross Margin Improvement, Value Engineering and Innovation.
Partner and align with the Category / Commodity Teams to define business requirements for a world class supply base for provision of high quality goods and services able to:
• Support the delivery of aggressive commercial growth
• Support market access through strategic supplier sourcing
• Contribute to product pipeline through supplier sourced innovation
• Improve cost and margin via Portfolio Optimization, Gross margin improvement etc
Source new and novel raw materials / components for new product launches. Responsible for issue management working with appropriate teams for issues that may arise during product launches e.g. supply constraints, material quality issues, etc...
Identify, support and help drive Portfolio Optimisation, Cost Savings and Value engineering opportunities through leading cost workshops, product tear downs, driving projects across matrix teams etc
Partner with R&D, External Innovation teams on understanding innovation needs. Work closely with Commodity Teams to generate innovation ideas from the supplier base in line with the R&D needs.
Ensure smooth handover between NPI managers and Regional Procurement Teams for line extension – optimise the deployment of Procurement strategies and de-risking activities (Design to Derisk) through the launch of new products.
Accountable for partnering with Commodity teams to create 1st Intent strategies (including list) and responsible communicating and ensuring adherence to 1st intent strategies for R&D teams.
Work with other teams to share best practice across Categories / Franchisees
Influence Supply Chain and commercial stakeholders to become advocates of Production Procurement and secure credibility through demonstrated delivery and win-win partnerships
• Develop a detailed understanding of the commercial strategy through close collaboration with the Category/ Franchise.
• Develop opportunities through the supply base to support the Manufacturing / Commercial ambitions of the organisation.
• Create clearly defined targets aligned to opportunities to deliver transformational value for the Manufacturing / Commercial organisation.
• Display leadership behaviour aligned to GSK values to drive a culture of collaboration and engagement across the global Procurement organisation.
• Embed a performance management system including KPIs to drive mutual collaboration with both the Global and Regional Category teams to support the Commercial ambition.
• Knowledge of Six & Lean Sigma, OE Capability Knowledge of Six & Lean Sigma and OE Capability. Ability to apply to the supply base where necessary
• Technical understanding of supply base manufacturing processes; ability to understand complex technical product issues within FMCG and/or Pharma
• Manufacturing experience
• Relevant experience managing innovation and new product introduction in a FMCG environment.
• Relevant procurement experience: Sourcing materials and services, supplier management as well as good understanding of the end to end supply chain cost drivers.
• Experience in managing complex projects with cross functional stockholders in areas such as R&D, Commercial and Supply Chain all within a FMCG environment.
• Good understanding of manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements within a FMCG environment
• Exceptional analytical skills using internal and external data.
Closing date for applications: August 31, 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.