As a key part of the Consumer Healthcare Global Logistics team, this role is a critical member of a brand-new team, establishing new and improved supply chain systems across GSK. This is a hands-on, but also strategic role, in which you will be responsible for ensuring Consumer Healthcare meets the highest levels of global compliance for cross border trade. You will keep a careful eye on Regulation Changes to ensure that the business is always able to meet and exceed regulations, liaising with the wider business to ensure that necessary standards are delivered to do so. Working with regional sections of the business, and partnering with the pharmaceutical arm of GSK’s business, you will ensure the effective delivery of programs using both internal and external resources where necessary.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing day to day operational Compliance issues associated with Consumer Health Supply Chain Global Logistics, whilst also developing new policies and processes as required
• Creation and maintenance of an internal audit plan, including conducting audits across this business unit
• Supports Business Units with license management, tariff information and additional regional data maintenance required to facilitate border clearance
• Support Customs related activities to ensure compliance with Duty Management Programmes, ensuring sites are audit ready for any Customs inspections.
• Manage Preferential Duty activities related to Free Trade Agreements and ensure that GSK continually complies with all Export Controls and Sanctions Regulations
• Collaboration with Legal Counsel and Treasury, leading or supporting external audits with these and the Indirect Tax teams
• Collaboration with Global Logistics Transformation team to ensure that licensing and cross border regulatory requirements are known for first shipments of new products, in-license and merger/acquisition deals.
• Maintain a Global Logistics Risk Register and actions plan, including a CAPA tracker, a Regulation Watch process and an alert system for any regulation changes which impact GSK
• Responsible for management of GSK’’s annual reconciliation program involving reporting of valuation changes to Customs & Border Protection.
• Holds Responsible Persons status for the Trading Partners Wholesaler Dealer Authorisations, fulfilling all responsibilities as defined in Trading Partners local SOP. This includes, but is not limited to, visiting the LSP‘s UK named premises on a periodic basis.
To excel in this role you will be an independent, confident and careful individual, able to maintain a constant awareness of the markets in which GSK operates. You will be adept at communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business, in order to ensure all parties in the supply chain meet necessary compliance regulations, and are aware of what they need to do. You will have a high attention to detail, ensuring you are always aware of changes which might impact the business, both in drug related and shopping related compliance. You will be very hands on, able to act quickly and effectively to avoid breach of regulations, and will be an adept problem solver and communicator.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Tuesday 18th December 2018 (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• University degree level qualification
• Existing experience in supply chain logistics or international trade
• Experience in export controls and sanctions
• Experience in managing 3rd party contracts
• Experience in change management and the construction/presentation of business stakeholders
• Experience in a customer facing role with considerable stakeholder management
• Degree qualification in a relevant field such as logistics or business
• Formal qualification in a related discipline such as logistics, supply management, operational management, MBA or similar
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical/High-Grade FMCG space
• Additional language skills will be seen as an advantage
• This role does not have direct reports, but leadership skills in their application for project management will be looked upon favorably.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.