We are searching for a Operations Director who can make a positive difference to the Trade Compliance Services team and GSK as a whole and who can inspire others to the same. Come and join the team! Together we can serve our GSK colleagues to enable them to help patients and consumers around the globe to do more, feel better and live longer!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
GSK is legally obliged to comply with all frequently changing trade compliance rules and regulations globally to ensure continued supply of all products around the world.
Trade Compliance is GSK’s response to ensure compliance with all customs and trade regulations globally and minimize risk associated with non-compliance e.g. fines, penalties, disruption to supply chain, reputational damage and potential imprisonment.
This role will be responsible for leading the trade compliance operations team and providing a timely and effective service globally across all business units to ensure that we don't do business with any restricted parties, don't use out of policy incoterms and are compliant with our value declarations to customs.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
-Develop and deliver an annual strategic plan for service evolution, incorporating best practice and voice of the customer feedback to drive effectiveness over a 5-year time frame.
- Identify, define & deploy key projects and initiatives to address performance gaps and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of leading edge products in the trade compliance operations arena to improve compliance, service efficiency and service effectiveness.
- Manage a globally dispersed team (to operate in all time zones) and ensure services deliver to agreed SLAs - especially in transactional screening which will impact the ability to deliver shipments to customers if not resolved in a timely manner
- Ownership and maintenance of the R&D valuation tool and the Incoterms agreed out of policy lists
- Ownership and maintenance of a restricted party screening and embargo screening capability and technology for GSK
- Ensure changes to regulations either globally or locally are identified and embedded into the service delivery
- Identification and management of restricted parties and ensuring those controls are communicated to the respective areas of the business to manage the potential risk for GSK
- Proactive management of trade compliance operations related risks in accordance with GSK’s strategic priorities.
- Manage the relationship and SLA with key internal and external customers
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 3rd DEC 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Degree holder
• Working knowledge of Incoterms, restricted party screening, embargo screening and valuation in a manufacturing and R&D environment
• Strong trade compliance knowledge
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Strong communication and people skills
• Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse data
• Strong strategic knowledge of GSK’s direction
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to lead a service and a team