The strategic vision of Global Marketing Procurement is to strategically collaborate with marketing stakeholders and agency partners to unlock maximum value from A&P investment to drive business performance. The value is realised through driving overall efficiency and effectiveness, as well as through driving an increased contribution to Diageo’s business growth and innovation goals. To achieve these goals, Procurement utilises Category Management to deliver value to the business. The Customer Marketing categories include Experiential, POS, and VAP.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment. By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to support the Global Category Managers in Customer Marketing across these categories in delivering value, enhancing strategies, and executing key projects with opportunity for some category management responsibilities.
The role is to build on current knowledge and build a centre of excellence through:
Accountable for supporting Procurement’s deliverables both efficiency, effectiveness and Productivity across the Customer Marketing categories and any sub-category ownership opportunities.
Complexity of the Role
• Global role, multiple cultures, commercial objectives, country regulations and market dynamics – regional, local, and hyper-local.
• Requires knowledge of and interaction with internal stakeholders and external marketplace.
• Strong influencing and communication skills needed to bring Stakeholders and local procurement team on the journey to successful implementation of global projects.
• University Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or equivalent
• Proficiency in English.
• Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
• Proven track record of consistent performance and execution. Forward, strategic thinker with some procurement experience preferred.
• Strong analytical and financial awareness. Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, and a team player with strong experience in Excel and systems preferred.
• Confidence and experience in communicating and influencing senior stakeholders.
We have a saying here – that character is everything. We’re looking for enthusiastic, curious, endlessly energetic people. Self-motivated, tenacious team-players who want to learn and grow – and fast. If this sounds like you, you’ll thrive at Diageo.
Flexibility is vital to the success of our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours and flexible locations etc. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.