Diageo Business Services (DBS) drive value, service and business performance, contributing significantly and leading the above transformation and call to action. This means reduction in cost base, continually improving efficiency and driving greater process standardization, greater focus on market growth, ensuring outstanding services and customer satisfaction and driving stronger compliance and controls.
This role is the Global Business Partner within DBS supporting the Global Supply Function.
The role is accountable for:
(a) The total prioritization of the DBS Global Supply Project Investment Portfolio
(b) Ensuring that business sponsors sign up to and approves both the costs and benefits of investments
b) Market Complexity
The role holder will be expected to work across all markets in Diageo that have a Supply Footprint, in particular, The ISC, The Americas, Africa and Asia-Pac; and will require to work across these geographies to ensure a single aligned investment plan.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
The DBS Global Supply Business Partner is responsible for providing strategic, tactical and execution leadership in all aspects of business transformation in Supply Chain.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain business processes and complexity
Purpose of Role
To ensure DBS has the right plans to support Supply in delivering the Performance Ambition. This includes:
- A fully aligned strategy, roadmap and associated implementation plans that will be delivered by the DBS Function in support of the Diageo Supply & Procurement Performance Ambition
- A clear view of the benefits that will arise from the delivery of the DBS investment portfolio in support of Supply
- A prioritized list of implementation projects, which have clear business cases and ensure that there is DBS Funding CAP provision for investment.
- The input of thought leadership as it pertains to the future digital Supply Chain; ensuring that Diageo DBS is bringing future thinking to the strategic plans
1. Building a DBS Supply 3-5 year roadmap for the Supply Chain and ensuring that this aligned with the Supply & Procurement exec.
2. Ensuring we have the “In Year” project deliver plan, covering a financial year projects, globally across supply – and a rolling 18 month plan.
3. Creation and approval of business cases for Global “cross market” Projects, and ensuring for Market Projects that the Market BP has business case in place.
4. Tracking of DBS investment to Business Case benefits delivered
5. For Global Projects, the role holder will be the principle BP working on business case
6. For Market led projects, the Global BP will act in an overall governance role, ensuring market projects have business cases, and that priorities are taken at a Global Supply level.
Qualifications and experience required
• Excellent stakeholder, communication and ability to influence
• Ability to work and deliver with and through others in a multifunctional team supporting project roles located in multiple locations and time zones
• Good understanding of Supply business process, experience
• Experience shaping compelling business case for change and quantify cost and benefits
• Ability to bring Outside-In Thinking to the strategy, with an inquisitive mind that relishes research on latest developments in Digital Supply Chain and use of technology to deliver value.
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
For this role, we anticipate there will be travel to meet with key Supply Stakeholders.
Supply is HQ’d in Edinburgh, Scotland therefore it is expected a lot of the time will be spent there.