We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated team in which competence and quality play an important role.
Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).
• University degree as Mechanical Engineer (5 years degree)
• Max. 18 months work experience in safety management / shop floor management
• Methodical with deep analytical thinking, based on ‘go and see’.
• Passion for continuous improvement, able to accept challenges in a positive manner.
• Proven ability to steer teams for quick problem resolution
• Proven leadership across teams
• Have strong planning, coordination and organizing skills
• Result oriented, committed to achieve company targets.
• Self confident, with strong communication skills in an open and professional manner
• Able to discuss & communicate with many stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access
• Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
• Willing to travel 60% of time.
• Have a valid driving license for Europe
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Belonging to Production Control Manufactuting Support Division (PC/MS), Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG) is responsible for the distribution of globally produced vehicles (Japan, Europe & S-Africa) to our European retailers and the global export of European produced vehicles. These vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our strategically located hubs (Logistic Centers) where they are customized and inspected before delivery to our retailers.
As for the customisation activity, we have 7 hubs were this activity is done: Zeebrugge (Belgium), Valenciennes (France), Malmoe, (Sweden), Sagunto (Spain), Kolin (Czech Republic), Derby (UK) and Portbury (UK).
The PPO operations in those hubs are all managed by external Logistic Partners, with the exception of Assy 2 in Derby operated by TMUK. In all of them, there is a team of Toyota members supervising the operations.
Every year, 5-6 models (Toyota and/or Lexus) are launched with around 10 new PPOs to be introduced in all our hubs in Europe.
For this, VLG gets from Accessory team (VC) an Accessory Installation Manual (~simplified version of a JES). The required accessories have also been developed and delivered to the hubs by Accessory team.
Within Vehicle Logistics Group (VLG), you will be joining Operations Development Team.
This team is responsible to develop the European Network, to ensure we perform safe operations, with the best quality, whilst improving efficiency of our workshop, yard and transport operations, with passion and dedication.
Within that team you will be working on the PPO Workshop operations group, and you will be responsible to contribute to the following activities:
i.Lead Safety implementation and improvement of our Workshop Operations
ii.Support your colleagues on the resolution of any Quality issue that is found by the hubs during their daily operations.
iii.Support your colleagues in performing regular Product and Process Audits in all the hubs in Europe, and ensuring a thorough R/C by the hubs by helping their investigation on the issues found.
1.VLG Safety Management system
a.Define and/or update VLG Safety Management System in line with Toyota Europe Safety Management System
b.Train all Safety Leaders in VLG, and ensure training is deployed to all members in the workshop
a.Define and/or update VLG Audit Management System
b.Ensure regular Audits are performed in all hubs in Europe in line with the defined System
c.Analyze gaps and define appropriate countermeasures
d.Ensure above countermeasures are implemented and sustain
3.Tackle VLG Workshop Safety accidents
a.Ensure daily visualization of Safety status of all Logistics centers
b.Grasp any Safety accident that occurs in any of our Logistic centers in Europe, and immediately escalate to Management when they occur
c.Ensure and support in depth each accident analysis
d.Ensure countermeasures are defined and implemented in the concerned logistic center and yokoten to all the hubs in Europe.
4.Yearly Safety Strategy
a.On a yearly basis, reflect on the Safety achievement of VLG, and propose a new Safety Strategy to your Management.
b.Once agreed, define the necessary yearly safety targets, closely monitor and support achievement