Our cleint is the market leader in Europe in the field of packaging. With a turnover of 260 million euros, 1600 employees in 10 production sites spread over 7 countries, they create value through excellent packaging solutions to meet the business objectives of their customers.
We are currently looking for a Group Purchasing Manager for the HQ in the Northern Kempen region. In this position you report directly to the Group Purchasing Director and you are part of the management team. The annual spend for this function is between € 10 and € 15 million. The following challenges lie in your job responsibilities:
- Setting up an evaluation system for all different suppliers, taking into account quality, flexibility and savings.
- Take initiatives towards improvements and savings within the categories of maintenance, facility, operations, capex, utilities, IT and services.
- You will collaborate a lot with the Technical Director, Site Managers and Maintenance to map the needs of the different sites within your categories.
- Analyzing the expenses and budgets, looking for new suppliers and maintaining relationships is also part of your responsibilities.
- You actively participate in continuous improvement projects within the group and come up with initiatives yourself.
- In this position you can count on the support of a multinational purchasing team, but also on local purchasers who are present at the various plants. But you negotiate the regional contracts yourself at European level.
- For this role there will be an average of 30% travel included, this will mainly be day trips within Europe.
This role requires a combination of hands-on and buy-in mentality with excellent communication skills. You also need to be able to adapt to the local customs or cultures that are located within the various sites. We also like to see these capacities with you:
- You are a born negotiator and are able to influence people with your diplomatic character to achieve the desired result.
- You radiate positive energy and are pragmatic in providing solutions for the plants, on top of that being able to prioritize the needs of the business.
- We would like to see that you already have some experience within production or industry within purchase, either direct or indirect spending.
- Being fluent in English is a must, other languages such as German and French are seen as a plus.
- Finally, you are in possession of a Master degree and you have an affinity with technical or industrial aspects.
We offer a very challenging and strategic purchasing role at European level. Naturally, this comes with a market conform salary package supplemented with extra legal benefits such as a company car, insurance and a variable wage. Are you the Group Purchasing Manager that we are looking for? Apply directly online or feel free to contact Margot Kuijper on 0493 89 26 05 or 0330 32 875 or send your CV directly