Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Location: Schipol (Netherlands) or Mechlen (Belgium)
Position Purpose & Summary
The Group Supply Chain Leader (SCL) is a new position created in conjunction with the changes across Cargill BOSC and Enterprise structures. The SCL is an embedded position responsible for supply chain planning, customer service and order management processes of the business (or set of businesses), as well as for coordinating with CTL, CSSP, and Operations to measure and optimize performance across the integrated supply chain from supplier to customer. The purpose of this role is to integrate priorities of enterprise and functional leadership to develop vision, mission, and strategy for supply chain and to ensure that supply chain processes are effectively executed to enable the business strategy. As a member of the BOSC leadership team reporting directly to the BOSC Leader and a member of the Supply Chain Planning extended leadership team, the SCL will be accountable for developing and executing projects aligned with the strategy, measuring and managing results across the end-to-end supply chain and driving continuous improvement, talent development and leadership, and effective deployment of supply chain processes aligned with functional requirements.
Includes work in the areas of strategy & execution leadership, budget & resource management, performance management, business and functional supply chain interface, customer relationship and talent management.
40% Strategy and Planning
Leads development and implementation of supply chain long term vision and strategic direction for Enterprise/Group, including long-range objectives, policies and strategy.
Responsible for ensuring function policies and best practices are incorporated into Enterprise/Group strategies.
Implementation and continuous improvement of Cargill Integrated Business Planning aligned with Global Supply Chain Planning standards across Enterprise and Groups/Regions
Actively participate in development, review, update and sign-off of the Enterprise/Group strategy, annual operating plans and the related budgets as well as setting annual targets for KPIs regarding productivity, service, planning effectiveness, and inventory across the supply chain.
Play an active role in the creation, communication, roll-out, championing and review of the functional domain specific strategies and visions to enable business strategy
Developing & regularly updating the vision, mission and multi-year plan of Supply Chain as a job-family, linked to the Enterprise/Group vision, mission and strategy as well as Global Supply Chain standards
30% Performance Management
• Optimization of the manufacturing footprint, warehouses, and inventory as well coordinating with CSSP and CTL for transportation lines from supplier to customer to deliver best in class service and cost
• Ensure that all supply chain activities (e.g. Customer Service, Order Management, C-IBP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning & Scheduling, Inventory Planning) are executed/deployed in line with Enterprise/Group vision, mission and strategy by prioritizing activities and delivering the right resources (employees, tools) within the regional teams
• Leading or sponsoring specific projects, initiatives and actions as identified in the Enterprise, Group, or functional plans. These can be cross-functional and cross-regional.
• Measuring & managing results for continuous progress (up), corrective action- and decision taking in all aspects of the business but concentrating on supply chain.
• Initiating, leading, managing and implementing projects for good and sustainable outcome, fully rolled-out and deployed in all regions (if applicable).
• Own Business’ Supply Chain financial KPI’s and related analysis,
• Acts as COE for the SC organisations for achieving Supply Chain targets and goals for the Enterprise/Group.
• Identifies, generates and tracks metrics across Enterprise/Group to measure supply chain performance and value realization against defined short and long term objectives (eg. G and A cost reduction, process improvements and system utilization).
• Recommends enterprise and business group Supply Chain continuous process improvements.
• Ensures governance of all Supply Chain activities within the Enterprise/Group to comply with Corporate/SCP/regulatory policies/controls/PDT
• Provide methodology and support to the managers and team-leads in executing daily operational supply chain activities such as IBP, Demand/Supply/Inventory planning, inbound/outbound logistics, customer service, trade execution and sourcing.
20% Transformation, Leadership, and Talent Management
Lead the transformation activities related to implementing standard structure and roles across enterprise/group/business/region aligned with global job codes and org structures, including the communications and change management
Developing the managers and local team leads and underlying teams (e.g. contribute to PMP process, setting KRA’s and targets, define and follow-up on learning and development, coaching, resource allocation (both for daily operations and projects), etc) and safeguarding proper talent pipeline management.
Carrying responsibility for the performance measurement, development and engagement of the total Enterprise supply chain team and for properly monitoring related costs.
Engagement; ensure that the Supply Chain team is engaged, in line with the overall BU targets and results are visible in regional and functional teams (communicated, developed, deployed and satisfactory)
Assess whether all supply chain activities are executed through optimal staffing solutions, in line with BU guidelines and ensure all competency profiles are met through recruitment of people with the right skill-set and/or through training & development of the existing team.
With CTL : Cargill Transportation & Logistics – establishing a sustainable structure for working together in this setting, sharing knowledge and experience and harvesting on the scale of what Cargill has to offer and can gain from it.
With cross-Enterprise and Group Supply chain leaders – building on what already exist as collaboration between the SC Leaders, initiating new initiatives (if desired/required) to create more harmonized approach in e.g. recruitment of trainees, talent development, project management and execution etc
10% Other Duties as Required
Minimum Required Qualifications
Minimum 15 years experience in Supply Chain related job (e.g. Planning, Operations, Logistics, Procurement/Sourcing)
Experience with working in a multinational/-cultural environment
Experience with working in a matrix organization set-up
Leadership experience (managing through others, influencing, developing) – 8 years proven track record
Experience and proven track record in project management (broad scope and cross-functional)
Experience and knowledge of Integrated Supply Chain Processes
Strong team builder and team player (Player/Coach principle)
Strong communication, influencing and motivation skills (interpersonal skills, change management)
Travel 25-50% for Enterprise/Group roles
Knowledge/experience of Lean/Six Sigma is a plus
Advanced University Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related field
Experience implementing and leading Integrated Business Planning process
Experience with working in a large matrix organization