We are currently seeking an experienced Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager who will further enhance and develop the Business & Advanced Analytics capabilities of the organization.
Working collaboratively with local teams - sales, trade marketing and marketing – and also in strict connection with the central Business Intelligence & Analytics team in Luxembourg, the Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager will develop reports, visualizations, analysis, Advanced Analytics methodologies to help supporting the strategic direction and data-driven decision making.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Data Analysis and Advanced Analytics and is able to approach complex problems in an organized and detail-oriented manner, to derive non-trivial insights from data, and to translate them into implications and possible business actions
• Guide the development and maintenance of company-wide analytics reporting and processes that provide insights to business performance and key company metrics
• Provide regular, timely performance monitoring to key business stakeholders
• Guide the implementation of integrated and synthetic/holistic views, by merging heterogeneous data, analytics and methodologies (incl. Third Parties Advanced Analytics approaches) exploiting various sources – media investments, loyalty cards, retail and consumer panel data - and other internal systems (e.g. sell-in)
• Leverage data and analytics to help drive the business and translates learnings into actionable recommendations that drive business growth.
• Identify opportunities for new data and information gathering, to support enrichment of business perspectives (e.g. new Loyalty Cards data from Italian Retailers)
• Have (ad interim) the direct responsibility of a category as reference Business Partner
• Provide directions to the Data Scientists team driving the development of proprietary applications of Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence methodologies to support business decisions and data-driven strategies
• Guide the progressive data-driven step-change of main business stakeholders by providing them the full set of data and insights exploring capabilities given by Group’s main IT tools
• Build and maintain a continuous and effective dialogue and cooperation with IT Dept. to support possible new opportunities given by new technologies
• Explore innovation ecosystems (both Academia and Industry) to identify possible research-frontier pilots for methodologies and tools opportunities to solve possible issues, also in collaboration with Central BI&A team and IT Dept.
• Plan & coordinate activities of BI department & harmonize budget requests and needs among teams and business partners
• People Development - supervise team with timely feedback/coaching and provide training and mentoring opportunities
• Master’s program or PhD within one of the following majors: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or any relevant major
• 10+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics related areas, with multi-year experiences in Multi-national Company preferably at a FMCG company or data / analytics consultancy serving the same
Methodological and technical skills
• Extensive knowledge of syndicated data sources in Retail and Consumer Panel fields (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, GfK, …) and other structured and unstructured consumer data types (shopper panel, loyalty cards, survey data, social listening, etc.);
• Strong background and expertise in developing Advanced Analytics methodologies aimed at deriving non-trivial business insights (e.g. time-series modelling, multi-dimensional clustering, decision trees induction, etc.)
• Full knowledge of advanced statistical methods for marketing analytics – descriptive, predictive and prescriptive (marketing mix modelling, elasticity modelling, demand estimation/forecasting, basket analysis, root-cause analysis, etc…)
• Experience in the design, usage and interpretation of custom models
• Good knowledge of IT tools for data flow and database management, analysis and visualization (e.g. ETL, data warehousing, data catalogs, DataBricks/ Data Robot/ Dataiku, Qlik/Tableau/ PowerBI, etc)
• Understanding of programming languages and usages (SQL, R and Python, specifically)
• Ability to listen to and discern key stakeholder needs and expectations and translates into meaningful analysis and recommendations
• Excellent analytical understanding to be able to drive business recommendations via the combination of many different types of data.
• Proven experience as team leader
• Planning & Project management capabilities
• Build collaborative relationships with the various teams understanding and communicating effectively with internal and external business partners
• Proven communication and presentation skills
• Proactivity, curiosity, and creativity