What qualifications do I need to apply?
You will hold a degree in one of the following specialisms: Business, Marketing, Quantitative Sciences or Engineering
What skills & experience do I need?
• Significant years of experience in procurement, especially on marketing categories.
• Significant years of experience in leading teams both direct and matrix
• Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
• English proficiency (written and oral)
• Leadership/communication skills
• Full knowledge to successfully utilize Microsoft tools
• Strong influencing and inter personal skills
• Proven ability of working successfully globally
• Strong leadership skills and ability to develop and grow teams
• Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
• Strong knowledge of Marketing Procurement
• Proven sourcing expertise in Print and Point of Sale categories
• Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
• Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
Why do I need these skills & this experience?
These are senior and complex sourcing and category management roles in GSK. The role holders will be required to operate independently, influencing senior management
What GSK expectations will I need to apply in this role?
• Set direction & inspire
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Develop capability & talent
• Drive performance
• Live our values
What other qualifications would benefit me in this role?
Master’s Degree Business Administration/Finance/Marketing
What we do?
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company – with three world-leading businesses – that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
What is the purpose of this role?
In this role you will lead the procurement delivery of all sourcing strategies and procurement activities for all spend categories meeting the needs of the business in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Manage relationships and delivery for all LOCs across these regions. You will also lead all procurement activity for the GSK Galvani and ViiV businesses commercial needs.
You will collaborate and align with other Regional leaders and teams within the region to understand and adopt best practises
You will strategically engage with and understand the business requirements of stakeholders and business partners and to position the Procurement value proposition, on local, regional and global levels.
You will ensure input to and alignment with the creation of regional and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of regional/local stakeholders and regional/local markets dynamics, in partnership with the Global and Regional category teams
You will identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies
You will ensure GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies are utilized in a compliant manner in the area of responsibility
You will drive operational efficiencies by ensuring Contract & Preferred Supplier list compliance as well as managing the Tail spend
You will lead, manage and develop teams of professional procurement staff, located regionally and globally, to facilitate the delivery of the primary role purpose described above:
• Direct reports, indirect reports, matrix reports
• Developing capability of staff, technical, leadership and behavioural
• Leading improvements in team performance
What are the key responsibilities?
Strategy creation & execution
• Create comprehensive global and regional sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility (GSK cross business units), operating with a truly global/regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Global Category Leader or Regional Category Leaders to ensure full alignment with global and regional strategies
• Have a clear understanding of how global and regional strategies affect local markets and how global and regional strategies align
• Build an education & communication process for in Region and Global Procurement leads and business units
• Be the regional and/or global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver global and regional benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
• Create and deliver effective regional and global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key global and regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure global and regional considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global and regional contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead global and regional strategy and supply base reviews.
• Lead and direct teams within scope of responsibility
• Develop and implement effective, partnership, ways of working with the category management structure across geographical regions to ensure a cohesive regional approach to regional categories, aligned globally where required
• Initiate and lead processes to enable regional and local Procurement representatives to input regional and local business requirements and market dynamic information
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks