Our client, a global manufacturing business located in Cambridgeshire is recruiting a Head of European Logistics, to be responsible for the design and implementation of European logistics activity, including transportation, warehouse operations and services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Line management and development of individuals within the European Logistics team.
- Define and implement the long term vision for the European Logistics operation.
- Assess and advise on the logistical risk to business continuity.
- Work closely with the sourcing teams to develop strategic logistics agreements
- Manage contractual and operational relationships with 3PL, freight forwarders and warehousing providers
- Define and implement logistics process improvements.
- Budget management.
- University Degree or equivalent in a quantitative or technical subject.
- Experience of a multi-national, industrial or consumer products company with responsibility for Freight Management or Logistics. Experience with networked plants and multiple product lines are preferred.
- Experience in Sea and Road transportation, temperature controlled preferable along with exposure to hazardous goods.
- Track record of leading process improvement programs.
- Must be an effective communicator with people at all levels of the business.
- Must be driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Experience in leading improvement programs across multiple sites.
- Demonstrated experience as a change agent in a Matrixed organization.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures and behaviours.
- French language skils would be useful but not essential.
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.