Head of Global Distribution & Logistics
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Global Distribution & Logistics, based in our Supply Chain in Braine-L’Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Global Head of Logistics & Distribution.
Do you prize yourself on being strategic and driven? We have a special way to describe you as a unique ‘strategiven’ person at UCB. This extraordinary blend of talent means you are formidable at combining energy with reason to optimize patient comfort.
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Global Head of Logistics & Distribution you like to work in an environment where you can: • Distribute Commercialized products, Clinical Trials, and Development materials by providing expertise and oversight for distribution services globally to support customers and patients through a secure, reliable, and value-added logistics network in a cost-effective manner.
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Global Head of Logistics & Distribution you will contribute by:
• Developing the global distribution strategy and transformation map to address current capability gaps, increasing visibility in the supply chain (access to data), optimizing processes, reducing transportation costs, securing the supply chain and providing solutions/services that stay in line with expectations of the business and customers (home delivery, postponement, collaborative distribution, environmental requirements.)
• Managing and optimizing the end to end distribution network including selection of transporters, depots and routes used. Defining and implementing distribution strategy according to regional particularities, sites and product characteristics. Developing the strategy and delivering targeted solutions aligned with corporate goals that improve UCB's carbon-footprint
• Developing global distribution performance metrics to ensure continuous improvements in the areas of operational efficiency, quality and service.
• Ensuring consistency in ways of working across sites (global processes and systems)
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
• You have more than 12 years of experience in distribution management and supply chain management with strong leadership skills
• You demonstrate success in managing distribution activities at global level as well as governance processes
• You can ability influence and deliver projects and continuous process improvement across sites and geographies
• You are customer oriented and able to build partnership to achieve results
• You demonstrate expertise in cold chain management
• You are fluent in English and French
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.