Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our team, based in our hub in Braine l’Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of Global Trade & Logistics Compliance.
Do you describe yourself as helpful? Are you a futurist? Add these two together and you're a ‘helpfulurist’ at UCB. This unique blend of talent means you are a cooperative forward thinker with patient wellbeing in mind.
As a UCB 'helpfulurist' and Head of Global Trade & Logistics Compliance you like to work in an environment where you can:
Provide overall direction and leadership of a diverse team of compliance professionals accountable for the development, implementation and management of programs that drive compliance, enhance security, and illuminate risk in our global logistics/distribution operations. In this position, you will ensure that :
• a robust system of procedural controls, governance, training, internal controls, operations management, and project management is implemented to drive customs and export control compliance across the UCB enterprise.
• an effective system of procedural controls, training, internal controls, and project management is implemented to drive distribution compliance of trade and non-trade product/materials under UCB control.
• a well-defined program to pro-actively manage the security/authenticity of product and materials is implemented and that a risk-management framework for identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks in our global system of logistics is deployed to prevent/mitigate major supply disruptions or loss of UCB assets.
As a UCB 'helpfulurist' and Head of Global Trade & Logistics Compliance you will contribute by:
• Maximizing operational effectiveness of the GT&LC team and assuring resources are optimized/right-sized (including contractors) and effectively deployed including adequate coverage/back-up to assure operational continuity for mission critical work-flows.
• Identifying capability/expertise gaps and defining and implementing appropriate development plans for team members, leverage SME’s within and external to the team to drive knowledge transfer and strengthen capabilities.
• Assuring that a clear strategy, implementation plan, and ongoing improvement/refinement is in place to advance our Supply Chain Security program. This includes, but is not limited to, the issuance and review of governance, procedural controls, training, risks assessment and mitigation plans.
• Assuring that global shipping methods and systems meet GDP and UCB requirements in terms of design, qualification, implementation, and ongoing monitoring for effectiveness. Developing and delivering improvement efforts that drive more efficient and/or ‘greener’ levels of performance in our distribution network.
• Continuing the deployment of the GTC Operating Model including deployment of a multi-year roadmap to enhance capabilities, increase efficiency and effectiveness, and reduce risk of compliance failures for global trade operations.
• Assuring pro-active risk management is practiced within the team by deploying comprehensive risk assessments for key areas including global logistics (business continuity), trade compliance, security, and distribution (product mechanical and thermal protection) and making sure response plans are followed.
• Overseeing the establishment, implementation, and monitoring of appropriate metrics and compliance reports to monitor the effectiveness and continuous improvement of trade, logistics, & security compliance for GSC.
• Developing strong business partner relationships, including liaising with global stakeholders and functional leaders (finance, accounting, tax, supply chain, logistics, etc.) Driving governance and providing focused compliance updates to senior leadership.
• Assuring operational expenditures (travel, training, recognition, development, and professional fees) and headcount is maintained within budget.
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
• Master with 5 years of demonstrated experience in compliance/ risks management areas. Pevious people management form 1 to 3 years is a strong asset.
• You are fluent in English. Additional language is an asset.
• You possess the ability to manage the “grey zone”, balance multiple priorities, provide direction and prioritization to teams and internal/external stakeholder. You have a working knowledge of compliance in multiple areas (GMP/GDP, trade regulations, and security), implementing procedural control frameworks, and experience with audit/inspection protocols.
• You have an excellent communication (oral and written) at all levels of hierarchy including diplomatic , interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills. You are effective at leading cross-functional work teams as well as formal project teams and capable of devising change strategies and leading others through major change initiatives with a constructive manner. You embrace corporate values and lead by example in driving PVS culture, operate at the highest level of ethics and compliance, and be highly effective at identifying and resolving conflict that achieves winwin outcomes (better collaboration, shared accountability, better workplace environment). You are fluent in English. Additional language is an asset.
• You combine both analytic and synthetic approaches to identify optimal solutions to complex system problems. You are self-directed in defining a problem, identifying root cause & correlations, defining solutions and selecting the most appropriate, and checking the effectiveness of the solution post-implementation.
• You are highly effective at ‘inclusion’, leveraging internal and external resources to understand implications of decisions that have transversal impact by gaining buy-in of key stakeholders to prevent noise and achieve rapid implementation.