Do you have a proven background in creating and delivering great value? Are you a natural at pitching to senior leaders and negotiating with vendors? Can you lead an outstanding team of procurement professionals across the DACH and Northern Europe regions for GSK? If YES, then we want to hear from you! Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity ...
The Opportunity ...
You'll lead, manage and develop a team of professional sourcing staff, located in Northern Europe and DACH and other countries within the EMEA region (if required) to ensure effective performance of Procurement teams in the scope of responsibility.
You'll collaborate and align with other Hub leaders and teams within the region to understand and adopt best practices.
You'll engage with and understand the business requirements of stakeholders and business partners and to position the Procurement value proposition on local, regional and global levels.
You'll ensure input to and alignment with the creation of regional and global sourcing strategies, representing the needs of regional/ local stakeholders and regional/local markets dynamics, in partnership with the Global and Regional category teams.
You'll identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies
You'll ensure GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies are utilized in a compliant manner in the area of responsibility.
Finally, you'll drive operational efficiencies by ensuring Contract & Preferred Supplier list compliance as well as managing the Tail spend.
Key Responsibilities ...
• Lead and direct a Procurement team in Northern Europe and DACH and in other countries within the EMEA region if required - 6 direct reports (+ 6 in-direct)
• Develop and implement effective ways of working across the Hub, LOC and Category team to ensure a cohesive approach
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy across Hub, LOC and Category teams is in place and in use
• Develop the team and individual capabilities from both technical and behavioural aspects
• Align with appropriate category teams and work in collaboration with these teams to provide local business requirements and market information to support effective collaborative regional and global strategy creation and execution
• Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners
• Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Support category lead in the creation and delivery of effective regional budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
• Deliver benefit identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation.
Drive operational efficiency;
• Ownership of tail management within the in-scope country and challenge it appropriately to ensure no category spend is left outside category scope
• Challenge requirements and educate stakeholder to drive maximum contract and PSL compliance
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK;
• Build strategic relationship with a network of senior GSK local/regional stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition.
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development endorse recommend strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships;
• Build strategic relationships with key regional/local suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure local considerations are accounted global & regional supplier relationships.
• Influence category teams to ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global & regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective regional/local contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity.
• Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key regional/local suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
Supply chain & risk management;
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs in close collaboration with Global and Regional category teams – for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practise procurement and KPI’s.
• Identify and manage significant risks in the regional/local supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base
Our Commitment ...
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
We look forward to receiving your application !