Duties & Responsibilities
This is an opportunity for an individual to take on an integral role as part of the Senior Procurement Leadership Team; a team of 3, as the Head of Procurement - Implementation. Together as the Senior Procurement Leadership Team you'll be responsible for leading over 80 Partners and you'll directly report into the CPO & Director of Procurement.
As the Head of Procurement - Implementation you'll jointly create and drive implementation of the broader Procurement strategy and will be responsible for providing specialist leadership, via the Goods not for Resale (GNFR) Category teams, for strategic sourcing, negotiation and procurement processes.
Our GNFR Procurement Function is worth £1.3bn per annum and you'll be responsible for empowering and embedding best in class sourcing, negotiation and supplier management through the team across the Partnership, in turn enabling the delivery of business goals and benefits.
You'll be directly leading a team of 4-5 Senior Category Managers, with team oversight of over 30 Partners who you'll be responsible for inspiring, coaching and developing to deliver great results as well as nurturing individual and team talent expertise and growth.
You'll be developing and embedding best in class sourcing, category management and supplier management process across Procurement with the aim to drive maximum value and performance from our external supplier base.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Extensive experience of leading a team of procurement professionals
- Ability to motivate and coach others with understanding of team dynamics in a complex matrix environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to collaborate, build and manage effective stakeholder relationships at all levels, role modelling effective cross functional working and behaviours
- Extensive commercial experience in multiple category areas within procurement and supply chain
- Expert in and has extensive commercial negotiation experience as well as extensive supplier management experience
- Substantial contract law knowledge and a clear understanding of finance in a corporate
- Substantial experience of eProcurement, P2P and other procurement systems
- Ability to manage complex and competing priorities and strategies cross functionally and make courageous decisions
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
- Commercial contract writing experience
- Project management experience and skills
- Training and mentoring experience
- GAP Complete Skilled and Strategic Negotiation
- Experience of working in a retail environment or similar fast moving organisation
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent