Role: Head of Procurement – Technology & Innovation
Location: Hook, Hampshire
On 1st October 2019, Virgin Media will be relocating to a new office in Green Park, Reading. This role will be based in our new, state of the art work space once the relocation takes place.
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Head of Procurement – Technology & Innovation.
The core purpose of the role is to establish highly effective Procurement Business Partnering with the leadership of Liberty Global and Virgin Media’s to Technology & Innovation organisation, build excellent knowledge and understanding of business strategy and priorities, and to formulate and execute Procurement Plans in conjunction with Global Procurement to deliver sustainable, year on year value to Technology & Innovation.
So, why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a huge programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
• Creating and building a network of stakeholders across the VM and Global T&I organisation
• Demonstrating Procurement leadership to stakeholders by initiating and delivering value initiatives which enables business objectives
• Overseeing development of T&I Procurement’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP) containing savings commitments from both Global and VM teams
• Leading a team of Category Managers in building and executing the plan
• Ensuring reporting against plan (targets, forecasts, actuals, risks) is accurate and timely
• Leading collaboration with Finance to understand business budgets, Procurement contribution to achieving budget and savings validation
• Driving use of best practice in developing category and sourcing strategies, using LG standard templates
• Collaborating with Global Leads in effective management of key T&I suppliers to drive performance, issue resolution and commercial value
• Role model adoption and use of all Procurement systems and tools
• Coaching and investing in the personal and career development of team members
• Providing input and take the lead with initiatives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of overall Procurement function
• Promoting and drive supplier adherence with Virgin Media’s CSR commitments
If you join us as a Head of Procurement we would want you to be/have:
• Degree or equivalent; business qualifications or CIPS desirable
• Understanding and experience of complex IT Procurement essential; experience of procuring telecommunication Network equipment/services desirable
• Experience of working in a complex, fast-paced blue chip company
• Able to effectively navigate through ambiguity and different agendas
• Highly developed influencing and consensus-building skills
• Demonstrable experience in and application of strategic sourcing
• Skilled negotiator able to effectively plan and execute negotiation strategies
• Strong commercial acumen and nous
• Grasp of core Financial metrics including OCF,FCF, IRR; is able to contribute towards investment decision-making
• Good team builder and leader, able to motivate team to deliver high performance
• Role model of Virgin Media and Liberty Global values to organisation
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!