Head of Procurement - UK, Ireland & Nordics
190 Million USD! The amount of spend that the Head of Procurement for UK, Ireland and Nordics is responsible for.
The Head of Procurement for UK, Ireland & Nordics is accountable for driving and implementing the global Procurement strategic goals on country level and successfully managing relevant KPIs in regards to productivity, compliance metrics, processes, customer satisfaction and people development.
The role is also responsible for successfully managing and developing relationships with senior stakeholders driving value for their business across the organisation, and with key suppliers on local level to increase value for Novartis, as well as managing and leading the Country Procurement team in a ONE Procurement fashion and developing procurement capabilities and key talents in the organisation.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Accountable for the UK, Ireland & Nordics productivity/cost efficiency targets including key compliance metrics such as PO-compliance, process compliance, internal audits. Support centrally led processes (e.g. NFCM, TPRM). This will involve successful implementation of global, regional and country projects across categories & functions, ensuring key stakeholder alignment and customer satisfaction.
• Manage quality of the UK, Ireland, Nordics end-to-end Procurement process incl. compliance to policies, strategies and processes, ensure seamless integration of capability centres into the end to end process.
• Support NBS across domains in NBS Transformation and Business in Business-transformation where applicable (e.g. NTO, Sandoz) and transmit relevant business insights to Category Management / Sourcing Managers and Buyers.
• Lead and build effective relationships with key suppliers to drive value for Novartis through cost effectiveness and access to innovation. This involves effective local implementation of global supplier strategies (e.g. implementation of strategic suppliers, contracting principles, execution of global/regional contracts), and managing local supplier landscape in line with business strategies & global Procurement goals and strategies (e.g. payment terms, manage tail spend, local supplier management process).
• Manage Country Procurement team ranging from performance and compliance to talent development, as well as ensuring effective communication between the different Procurement functions, such as Operations, Capability centres, global/regional category management and compliance.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s Business, Organization development or similar is essential. Master’s degree preferred.
• 7-10 years of procurement experience in large multinational organisation.
• 3-5 years of experience in managing people and team in an international environment.
• Experience in change management and leading through change.
• Proven track record of successful supplier negotiation and management and delivery of savings targets.
• Additional qualifications (CIPS, Project Management, etc.) or similar professional qualifications preferred.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We announced we will have a new HQ in London; a new state-of-the-art office at The Westworks, in White City. Four business divisions (pharmaceuticals, oncology, Global Drug Development and Novartis Business Services) will be able to come together in one purpose-designed environment. The site will be ready for us by the end of Q4 2019.
For the sixth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2019)!
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.