Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
For our part, Amazon has begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. We are hiring a Head of Procurement and Supply Chain to own our program operations across Europe.
In this role you will:
· Set our supply chain strategy, and goals
· Own supplier relationships and product sourcing
· Own supply planning and distribution of inventory to testing sites
· Own inventory management for our lab and testing sites
· Relentlessly drive improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of our supply chain
· Support all new program launches and requirement
· Manage a team.
This role can be based in the following locations: London or Manchester.
· Proven experience leading a supply chain and/or procurement function
· Clear evidence of managing, coaching and motivating a team(s), both direct and indirect reports
· Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
· Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills.
· Ability to think strategically and tactically, with attention to detail.
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Highly organized and results oriented
· MBA or Advanced Degree preferred.
· Strong business judgment with a track record of successful supplier relationship management.
· Experience leading planning and inventory management functions
· Experience delivering process and system changes to increase automation.
· Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment