Head of Category – Procurement, Supply Chain & Central Operations
To build long term relationships with business stakeholders developing procurement best practice across the Supply Chain and Central Operations Teams
• Establish and implement the Procurement strategy for Supply Chain and Central Operations so that it is seen as a Centre of Excellence for procurement and purchasing, providing stakeholder guidance on best routes to market for services whilst maintaining compliance with associated procurement regulations
• Positively contribute as a member of the Group Procurement Senior Leadership Team.
• Act as a role model for Procurement best practice across the group.
• Take a leading role in the development and Implementation of the Group’s Procurement Transformation Strategy
• Building out stakeholder engagement across Supply Chain and Central Operations categories across all stakeholder groups including the ExCo & Exec sponsors ensuring regular communication & reporting on progress against business objectives.
• Develop implement and manage the Supply Chain and Central Operations Strategy
• Design, development and implementation of category strategies, policies and process across the Supply Chain and Central Operations categories.
• Support business functions and teams in optimising the c.£250m spend across the Supply Chain and Central Operations categories for best value.
• Delivery of annual procurement financial targets and challenges and realisation of savings across life of term
• Ongoing management and development of Supply Chain and Central Operations Team.
Skills & Experience
• Proven 10 years’ experience in Procurement for a FTSE 100/250
• Experience in retail, logistics desirable
• Experience of managing large scale contracts
• Exceptional skills in leading multi-disciplined teams to excel
• Exceptional Business Relationship Management Skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong commercial sourcing skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of commercial planning, budgeting and operations
• A strong strategic and business mindset
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Capable of Challenging and influencing the Group Leadership Team
• Degree Educated (2:1 or above)
• Preferably MCIPS or FCIPS qualified
• Preferably GAP qualification or equivalent
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.