IG Distribution Analyst
1. JOB PURPOSE
To optimise all distribution activities in the Industrial Gases supply chain whilst maintaining or growing customer loyalty by identifying, developing, implementing and measuring effective distribution productivity programmes, business rules, processes and tools that involve commercial, retail and supply chain areas.
The job holder must be able to structure and analyse complex distribution problems and to present recommendations in an easily understandable way to senior Management in Commercial, Retail and Supply Chain functions and ensure successful implementation of the recommendations.
A major challenge will be to drive through changes in distribution practices to generate productivity whilst ensuring minimum customer service levels.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Regular Analysis Projects
- Identify inefficient and underloaded transport activities and trips and initiate supply chain and commercial actions to correct.
- Analyse ways to increase vehicle utilization.
- Define the optimum distribution mode of supply across Liquid Bulk, CryoEase and PG.
- Optimise the PG Interdistrict network balancing transport and inventory costs as well as production costs and investments.
- Define the most efficient agent replenishment strategy balancing transport and inventory holding costs as well as demand levelling.
- Determine the delivery zones of PG depots and redistribution centers.
- Ensure that the PG end customers are allocated to the right channel (direct or agent).
- Maximise the use of state-of-the-art mathematical distribution optimisation techniques in collaboration with the IT Decision Science team.
- Identify further enhancements of tools used in support of distribution optimisation.
- Work in collaboration with the Scheduling Process Team to increase optimizer acceptance.
Ad Hoc Analysis Projects
- Determine optimal supply chain plan for introducing new PG offerings (filling sites, ID transport, inventory locations).
- Analyse customer specific transport requirements (e.g. major Traded Chemicals customers).
- Determine distribution strategy for entering new geographies.
- Identify optimal number of sites and geographic locations for a regional network.
- Apply Six Sigma approach to distribution and optimise related processes and tools.
- Participate in scheduling tool deployments.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The IG Distribution Analyst must possess excellent analytical capabilities, project management and organisational competencies and creativity. A detailed knowledge of the Industrial Gases business, SAP and Qlik skills and ability to work with advanced analytical tools such as optimisation and simulation software. Continuous Improvement facilitation skills in ACE, Mapping and Six Sigma will be required but can be learned while in the job. These technical skills must be complemented by well developed communication skills, influencing skills and self-starter capabilities.
This requires a minimum of 2 years experience gained in several roles in a supply chain, continuous improvement or financial analysis environment across the Industrial Gases spectrum or an advanced degree in operations research. The incumbent should possess an operations research degree, engineering degree and/or a business degree.
Fluency in English is required, a second relevant European language is desired. Knowledge of SQL, R, QlickSense is a plus.