Why join our team?
Consumer-led innovation teams have been established in different regions across the world & are at the forefront of innovation & new value creation within Samsung Electronics. I&I is housed within Samsung Design Europe (SDE) in central London, working collaboratively with global (main stakeholders who are headquartered in Korea) & local teams to deliver new value, creating product, UX, marketing & service concepts to all divisions of Samsung Electronics. I&I has contributed significantly to Samsung’s product & service strategy in Europe & beyond & expects this impact on the business to grow over the next few years.
The objective of the European Insight & Innovation team is to drive innovation within the business through investigation into consumer & market trends, behaviours & aspirations.
What will this role achieve?
The key focus for the User Experience Insight Manager will be the delivery of Insight & market intelligence into the relevant stage of each project process in a timely manner. All projects will focus on innovation of new propositions (products & services) for Samsung.
The responsibility of the User Experience Insight Manager within the team is:
1. Become insight/consumer champion within the innovation process ensuring the consumer is ‘in the room’ at all times
2. Lead the understanding & collation of new trends, lifestyles & behaviours within the I&I team; so that they can be used to create hypotheses within & in the creation of projects
3. Work with other members of I&I to develop market driven concepts, driven by functional value proposition
4. To bring their specialism of consumer research to bear on their colleague’s projects whilst effectively engaging the other team member’s capabilities (i.e. business analytics, strategy, tech. / engineering & design) on their own projects
5. Leadership of ensuring best practice in qualitative & quantitative research in all project outputs
6. To develop techniques to test new insight & concept output from the Innovation process in as ‘real world’ a way as possible in order to create a compelling business cases
7. To support the team in the proposing, winning & managing of Innovation projects
Candidates do not need to be from the electronics industry but should have experience in research & developing insight led propositions & in finding solutions with a strategic mind-set.
Role and Responsibilities
What will be your key deliverables?
Design, commission/conduct & analyse findings from qualitative & quantitative market research to understand competitive landscapes, market trends, consumer trends & needs & formulate market driven consumer insights.
Skills and Qualifications
What do we need for this role?
Essential Soft Skills: