Influence decision makers in Kidswear and other Clothing BUs (through range planning) to use data and insight in their decisions Act as customer champions by ensuring priorities are set and the full range of insight & partnerships are used.
Scope of the role Clothing and Home BUs (focussed on WW, KW and MW) / Customer Insight
Key accountabilities: Partnering effectively with stakeholders in Kidswear to ensure a strong collaboration between customer insight and the Kidswear team • Understand the decision-making processes in the Business Unit and ensure that insight feeds into every strategic decision so we make customer centric choices. • Have a thorough understanding of the Kidswear organization, their strategies and objectives – influencing the team so that these are reflective of consumer needs and wants. • Ensure that the customer is put at the heart of decision-making – in both the operational / short-term and strategic / long-term priorities.
Embedding all the programme of insight activity in the new range and category planning process in C&H:
• Working in collaboration with the BU (Business Unit) category planning lead and insight delivery team to co-lead the insight programme of activity, as part of the C&H range re-set programme.
• Being the primary point of contact for the BU category re-set lead throughout the range planning process.
• Creating and keeping ‘live’ a BU engagement plan for all of C&H so that Customer Insight is engaging at the right time, supporting the teams in range building with the right customer data.
• Focussing on the clothing BU’s – WW, KW + MW (Lingerie and Home will be a ‘lighter touch’ support).
Driving category action from insight:
• To identify requirements for further insight support from the Clothing departments – liaising with the Insight Platforms and Delivery teams to build these into future deliverables.
• To drive actions from the category insight and tools, capturing use-cases and BIC practices of how insight has driven better range decision making using customer data.
Measures of success:
• Building relationships with stakeholders in the Clothing BUs to ensure a strong partnership between customer insight and the Business units.
• Having a thorough understanding of the Clothing organisation, their strategies and objectives – influencing the teams so that these are reflective of consumer needs and wants.
• Understanding the range planning process for Clothing to ensure that insight feeds into key Business Unit strategic decisions as well as into the departments.
• Continually identifying opportunities to ensure that the best insight for the right purpose is used at the right time in decision making
• Understanding and tracking action taken off the back of insight – ensuring we are driving change and understanding the impact we have
• Ensuring that the customer is put at the heart of decision making – in both the operational / short-term and long-term priorities
• Collaborating relentlessly with other teams to ensure a single joined up customer story • Proactively advising and making recommendations to the Clothing departments through interpretation and integration of multiple sources
• Being accessible and a reliable / credible / influential source of expertise to the leadership team on the customer, category, market and competitors.
• Driving adoption of self-service toolsets by the Clothing departments and ensuring that the insight function is building the right self-serve platforms and capability to meet the demand and requirements of the Clothing teams.
• Translating complex research and analysis requirements so insight is maximised and actioned to drive sales benefit
• Being a permanent voice and champion of the customer and facilitate this across the leadership team
• Stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Experience of using insight to drive customer-centricity, particularly in Category management/planning processes
• Experience in deployment of self-serve insight tools
• Project management. Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, ensuring all insight requirements are captured throughout the range planning process.
• Strong numeric and analytical skills to optimise actionable insight
Key relationships and stakeholders
C&H and BUs Range Planning Lead
Merchandising/Buying/Design leads in Clothing
Business Unit Insight Partners
Insight Platforms and Insight Delivery teams