• Last year of Business Engineering / Industrial Engineering
• A previous internship or short work related experience in quality is an asset as well as knowledge of ISO process flows
• Experience in Quality Assurance Manual creation is an asset
• Passionate about standardization
• Ease in process flow creation
• Strong numerical, logical and analytical skills
• Practical problem solver
• Ability to work independently, yet manage projects as part of a team – strong planning and organization skills
• Result oriented, commercial acumen & service minded proactive attitude
• Strong communication skills in an open and professional way
• Able to discuss & communicate with many stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and requirements
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access – knowledge of MS Share Point, Visual Basic
• Proficiency in English, any other European language is an asset
• Have a valid driving license for Europe
• Willing to travel – day trip (~20%)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• Have a creative mind and passion for cars
• Have excellent communication skills
Vehicle Logistics (VLG) is responsible for the distribution of globally produced vehicles (Japan, Europe &
S-Africa) to our European retailers and the global export of European produced vehicles
These vehicles arrive from the different manufacturing plants to our strategically located hubs where they are customized and inspected before delivery to our retailers.
This activity is managed with a budget in excess of €250 million/year.
Vehicle Logistics is constantly seeking to challenge our “Plant-to-Retailer” lead-time, improve our delivery performance and reduce cost through the application of Toyota production System.
You will be joining Operations Development Department.
This team is responsible to develop our entire Vehicle Logistics Network in Europe, to ensure we perform the most safe operations and achieve the best quality on a daily basis, in order to guarantee on time delivery that meet Toyota manufacturing standards.
In order to support the above, you will be requested to lead the update of VLG Safety and Quality Assurance Manual.
To do so you will have to
• Work closely with Operations Development team to fully grasp our current processes and standards, and concisely document them.
• Learn to fully understand Toyota’s Logistics network.
• Acquire a deep understanding of Just-in-Time (JIT)
• Perform regular visit to our Logistics Center to ensure the standards match reality
• Identify Kaizen opportunities in our daily operations and document the most efficient one as the standard to follow
Place of internship: Toyota Motor Europe head office (Brussels)
Starting date: to be agreed between the intern – university and TME
Duration: 6 months – preferably 1 year
Confidentiality: due to business requirements, not all aspects of the task can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.