Our International business is now being invested in heavily and the results are starting to show as we outgrow competitors. We have a new team in place who share some impressive International experience and have created a clear strategy which will deliver ambitious goals. We have the benefits of being a smaller team, we have removed unnecessary rules and we want entrepreneurial thinking.
Over the past 6 years we have introduced M&S to another 2bn customers worldwide, increased our presence on marketplaces, enabled Dotcom for franchise markets and created a best in class customer experience. There is a lot to do and we would like your help. Therefore, we will continue to hire like-minded individuals from high growth start-ups and big business alike who bring the right DNA, positive attitude, and analytical expertise to M&S.
We are on the hunt for our next International Commercial Planner, who will be the key liaison between in country teams (Franchise and Owned) and the Business Units working on planning and trading to maximise sales and profit.
They will also be supporting the Head of International Clothing and Home & Commercial Lead, by co-ordinating and assimilating buying and merchandising data to form a group view of sales and stock by account/country/region.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
1. Planning by country/region.
• Review op plan, purchase budgets and revisions by BU/Department.
• Review the commercial calendar for the year identifying the right launch dates per season as well as the reduced periods and promotions in line with the rest of competitors in the country.
• Work with the Franchise Partner Managers and BU to ensure the optimum performance.
• Work with the in-country team to review performance and orders per BU/department.
• Work with the Space Manager to advise the partners on optimal space provision
• Review pricing architecture alongside with the Franchise Partner Manager and BU.
• Review future sales/budgets and provide assessment to the BU.
• Collate and analyse the buying position and make the adequate recommendations to the team in country together with the Franchise Partner Manager and BU.
• Review sales performance against operating plan to identify risks and opportunities.
• Work with International Planning team to track fulfilment and on time seasonal launches.
• Identify forward sales plan versus commitment.
• Set recommended stock targets and work with Franchise Partner Manager to monitor.
• Define and monitor OTB with the Franchise Partner Manager and the in-country team.
• Maintain regular communication with the Franchise Partner Managers and BU to discuss store performance and opportunities to ensure sales are being maximise with optimal stock levels.
• Identify in-season gaps and feedback into the international merchandisers to find solutions.
• Manage risk of the cost of reduction and ensure it is minimised.
• Produce trading packs
• Visit stores in region with the Franchise Partner Managers and produce store visit reports with clear actions.
Technical / Business Skills:
• Core Merchandising Skills (developing a strategy and operating plan, production planning, stock management, sales estimating, margin management, cataloguing etc.)
• Ability to initiate and build strong relationships
• Ability to manage a commercial area and meet area’s targets
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
• Influencing (internal & external)
• Negotiation skills
• Knowledge of M&S brand and sub-brand strategy
• Proactive approach
• Knowledge of the end to end buy to account warehouse process and worldwide supply chain operations
• Good knowledge of A&R, IRP and management reporting systems
• Able to utilise the relevant IT support systems, (PLM, GMOR, SSI and Critical Path Dashboard)
• Stock (ordering) management
• Risk assessment and SWOT analysis