Our International business is now being invested in heavily and the results are starting to show as we outgrow competitors. We have a new team in place who share some impressive International experience and have created a clear strategy which will deliver ambitious goals. We have the benefits of being a smaller team, we have removed unnecessary rules and we want entrepreneurial thinking.
Over the past 6 years we have introduced M&S to another 2bn customers worldwide, increased our presence on marketplaces, enabled Dotcom for franchise markets and created a best in class customer experience. There is a lot to do and we would like your help. Therefore, we will continue to hire like-minded individuals from high growth start-ups and big business alike who bring the right DNA, positive attitude, and analytical expertise to M&S.
We are looking for a Food Logistics Manager to join our International Logistics and Supply Chain team. As part of this role and with two direct reports you will be accountable for all our UK based International operations servicing both our International partners and owned business. You will ensure that service and operational KPIs are delivered within budget and that continuous improvement opportunities are identified and delivered to improve efficiency and cost.
This will be across all product types: chilled, ambient, BWS and frozen across multiple locations and 3PLs. This will cover our UK operations in Heathrow, Bradford, Bedworth, Faversham, Thatcham, Hemel as well as Western Europe transport and warehousing operations in Paris.
• Deliver Logistics cost budgets and drive efficiencies within the operations
• Deliver service KPIs through proactive management of 3PLs (DoT, Fulfilment, Accuracy, Productivity)
• Ensure logistics providers effectively plan and execute operational peaks including key promotional events
• Proactive management and timely resolution of logistics operational issues and clear communication to relevant parties
• Enhance our Brexit export solution across all product types
• Ensure clear and concise reporting is available to support identification of areas for potential improvement and sharing best practice across the network
• Lead Logistics workstream within wider business development & expansion workstreams
• Deliver proactive and collaborative working relationships with our 3PLs and within the wider International BU, UK Food Logistics team and our International Partners and agents.
• Operational development to support in delivering the International Food Growth plan
• Establish and develop proactive strategic relationships with key 3PL providers
• Leadership of International Food Logistics function to continually develop team capability and deliver against the business’ priorities
• Food Warehouse & Transport operations – experience of managing warehouse operations for a retailer / FMCG and delivering key service and cost metrics
• Logistics systems & data flow understanding
• Knowledge of International export/import processes and systems.
• 3PL relationship management
• Strong leadership and team management skills – an ability to engage, develop and motivate
• Open book cost modelling, budgeting / closed book mechanisms
• Procurement, negotiation, business case construction, contract & tender negotiation
• Previous experience of working with International partners/across a multi-national business