Internship Logistics / Supply Chain
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Work towards a degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
• Highly numeric with strong logical and analytical skills
• Fluent in English, TME official business language
• An excellent user of Microsoft Office package and particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
• have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
• have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities
The Warehouse Administration Intern will be a member of the Warehouse Administration team and will report directly to the Logistics Packaging & Warehouse Administration Manager. The Warehouse Administration team is primarily responsible for:
• Budget planning & cost monitoring
• Preparation of various reports related to warehouse efficiency and budget
• Management of the ordering cycle, from raising a PO to the final receipt of goods in the system
• Various tasks for the support of warehouse operations
The mission of the team is to provide to the management the necessary administrative support to ensure smooth warehouse operations in line with the company’s values.
As part of a cross departmental project team, your mission will be to find synergies and efficiency gains in the cost & business reporting structure of our parts supply chain organisation.
Your deliverables will be:
- Clear visualisation of the current reports/different roles and time spent amongst the different teams.
- Identification of prioritised concern points, duplication & inefficiency.
- Consensed and prioritised action plan to resolve these concerns, including a proposal for future organisation.
- You will actively support to bring this action plan to reality including effective progress monitoring.
Place of employment Belgium - Diest : Toyota Parts Center Europe
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)