Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children’s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Presents Trade summary in Monday meetings, understands all Divisional KPIs, formulate strategies to drive own areas of business
• Identify risks and opportunities at own Class level, develop a class strategy with Buying Partner to deliver Rtl Sales, GM and control Inventory levels
• Consistently demonstrates and presents a clear understanding of inventory ownership by Season, Source and Brand in own areas
• Analyse and forecast Topline sales and GM and manage receipt flow into business
• Work with Buying partner manage OTB to ensure Charter numbers are reached for Range reviews.
• Partnership with buying, lead and shape quarterly lessons learnt meetings by class to build strategy for future Range Reviews.
• Produce detailed analysis to back up strategy change and growth proposals
• Owns and runs Basics meetings, and signs off Basics forecasts and rebuys with Merchandiser
• Support Merchandiser with in-season forecasting as required.
• Ad-hoc business reporting
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships within cross-functional team (Buying, Planning, Visual, Retail Planning, Logistics, Store teams etc.).
• Participate in cross functional meetings, communicating on product mix, inventory levels and current sales and margin forecasts
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Participate in company initiatives as appropriate.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Able to work on own initiative and to be pro-active
• Able to organize and prioritize; demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates.
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships within team environment.
• Strong Microsoft application skills, particularly Excel which should be at an Advanced level
• WSSI Experience
• Show ability or aptitude in retail math’s, and to learn technical applications quickly.
• A flexible and pro-active approach to business and systems management
• Able to demonstrate resilience and remain positive during challenging periods