• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
• Knowledge of SAP
• Good knowledge & understanding of end to end supply chain
• Highly numerate
• Strong planning ability & able to work on own initiative.
• Diagnosis of complex performance issues and proven ability to problem solve and implement solutions with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to build relationships at all levels of organisation
• Continuous improvement mentality and the ability to think flexibly
• University graduate or relevant practical experience
• Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and processes.
• Financial awareness & knowledge of cost drivers within the Logistics environment.
• Project planning and execution management
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our GMS teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccines and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year.
We are looking for a Logistics Manager to work from GSK House in Brentford. This is a fundamental role within the European supply chain, to assure the smooth inbound and outbound flow of products across our warehouse network, in order to achieve On-Time-In-Full supply of products to our customers and support the GSK ambition to be a best in class supply chain.
• Primary point of contact to Customer Services/Finance/LSPs (Logistics Service Providers)/Quality/TSCM (Therapy Supply Chain Managers) for current inventory availability, physical inventory/batch status and reconciliation discrepancies
• Maintain an accurate picture of European Inventory (value £170 million, ~8000 different packs, 35 markets) through the stock reconciliation process for all PTC (Principle Trading Company) and liaise with our 3rd party warehouses, MMW directors and Customer Service teams to carry out investigation and CAPA identification for errors
• Ensure planned and ad-hoc local market replenishment from MMW locations on time and in full
• Act as system super user to the Supply Chain Hub team by supporting with training to improve their understanding and avoid any stock reconciliation errors
• Liaise with the TSCM and LOC (Local Operating Company) to consolidate and implement required actions on stock-at-risk, including implementation of write-off across required functions
• Investigate claims relating to imperfect delivery of stock and support through investigations with the relevant supply chain function
• Manage the smooth flow of product from manufactures to MMWs by ensuring that IBDs are available in WMS before goods are delivered, if necessary create manual IBDs, and communicate them to relevant MMWs .
• Coordination and execution of ad-hoc and/or regular subcontract packing, including re-work and hospital pack creation. Manage the scheduling of subcontract packing, identify and maintain data set up requirements, raise associated orders and communication back into TSCM/LOC of product availability. Ensure visibility of inventory to Supply Chain throughout repacking process
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with multiple stakeholders both internal and external to GSK