About Our Client
My client is an expanding FMCG business going through a regeneration phase currently. Due to increased investment and expansion within the overall team, they are looking for a Logistics and Inventory Manager to take control of a close-knit, hard-working logistics operation and build the team in their image, whilst maintaining tight accuracies on stock control.
The key responsibilities for the Logistics and Inventory Manager are:
- Tightly controlling the stock, ensuring all the inventory checks are accurate and up to date.
- Building and developing the logistics team, providing guidance, mentoring and personal improvement plans with a view to expanding the team over the course of the year.
- Organisation and communication - being able to look at the bigger picture and plan ahead.
- Working closely with the finance team to ensure costs are maintained and communicated correctly.
- Ensuring the Health and Safety policies are properly maintained in the warehouse, developing new initiatives if needs be.
- Controlling KPIs and setting them for the warehousing team, developing the strategy for the future.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must:
- Come from a food background, ideally within chilled and frozen environments.
- Have previous experience managing a warehousing environment within FMCG - this is essential.
- Have implemented stock control strategies and inventory checks on a consistent basis.
- be a proven leader and champion of health and safety procedures, ideally with relevant qualifications (IOSH/NEBOSH).
- Have good solid systems and ERP knowledge, ideally SAP/IFS
- Be able to work autonomously and to have a passion for working for an expanding, growing SME.
What's on Offer
Very competitive and flexible salary up to £60k, benefits on top. This is a brilliant opportunity to get into the business and grow with it.