Depot Security Lead
£30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits including company car (Grade E)
Field based across South (working with Plymouth, Coventry, Thurrock, Andover and Avonmouth depots)
12 month fixed term role
We’re looking for an ambitious colleague to join our depot safety and security team, to reduce risks and improve the safety of our depots and the thousands of colleagues that work within them. If you have the security knowledge and expertise we’re after, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career whilst improving our security policies and processes across our depot network.
In this role you’ll travel and work across our depots based in the South. You can be spending up to 2 or 3 days at a time in any location, so you’ll need to be flexible and willing to travel. We’ll look to you to bring new ideas and improve current standards through continuous improvement initiatives.
What you’ll do:
• evaluate current security provisions across our southern depots
• identify issues, creating solutions and standards to be deployed consistently across all sites
• look for innovative security provisions to deploy across the network
• manage the deployment and embedding of refreshed security policies across depots within your regions
• make sure solutions are functioning and effective
• constantly analyse data trends to identify any issues, trends or depot thefts
• investigate and eliminate thefts and/or issues, working closely with external authorities, HR and investigations teams
This role will suit people who have:
• a willingness to travel regularly across the UK as part of your role
• any experience in a security or investigative role (this’d be a real advantage, and could be in; loss prevention, risk management, police, warehouse operations or other)
• experience of using IT systems and Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word
• great problem solving ability and inquisitive mindset
• the drive and tenacity to see things through
• amazing relationship building and communication skills
• a real ability to engage and influence people and decisions at all levels
• a keen eye for detail and spotting trends in data
• self-motivation and drive you’ll need
• great organisation and time management
• any stock or admin background would be an advantage
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 28 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service)
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.