We are now looking for a Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager to strengthen Ericsson’s competitive position by maximizing supplier value, proactively managing business risks and contributing to the creation of value for Ericsson’s Customer.
This is a role where you will be the Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager with end to end responsibility for certain Site Products and Logistics sub-categories across Europe and Latin America (MELA) as well as, the Site Products and Logistics MELA Sourcing Single Point of Contact for CU South (CU SAM).
The Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager reports into the Head of Site Products and Logistics Sourcing (SP&L) for Europe and Latin America and represents MELA Site Products and Logistics Sourcing in the CU SEM.
In this role you will be supporting the definition and implementation of the Site Products and Logistics MELA Category Strategy in line with the BA Category Strategy, working with the other Sourcing and Category Managers within the Site Products and Logistics Sourcing team for Europe and Latin America, with the CU SEM Sourcing team and with the Global Category Teams.
As Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager you will be responsible for all commercial and contractual relationship with suppliers within the Site Products and Logistics Services spend area for CU SEM, working in collaboration with the rest of the MELA Site Products and Logistics Sourcing Team.
In this role you will work with the Category Group to which you will be assigned, always maintaining a complete and strategic view for your category group across Europe and Latin America.
Key Responsibilities include:
· End to end management of the Sourcing process for certain Site Products/Logistics Services sub-categories requirements across MELA and specifically CU SEM, in both pre and post sales environments. This includes preparing and running the RFX process (including use of eAuction), evaluating and selecting suppliers, conducting supplier and contract negotiation
· Contributing to margin improvement and profitability through the delivery of cost savings (including Full Potential) for CU SEM
· Supporting and implementing low cost suppliers/ alternative solutions which will deliver cost savings
· Creating and implementing a sub-category strategy for Europe and Latin America, in line with the global category strategy but taking into account geographical and project specific requirements. The aim of the category strategy is to deliver margin improvement savings to the Customer Units in MELA
· Developing a supplier strategy for key Site Products/Logistics suppliers across MELA and specifically CU SEM
· As CU SPOC, you will be part of the CU SEM Sourcing team, representing SP&L and involving other colleagues within the SP&L Sourcing team as necessary, depending on the business requirements
· Degree in Engineering or in Business or in Supply Chain Management
· English essential, Italian essential
· 5+ years of sourcing / purchasing experience (buying products experience would be a plus)
· Strong negotiation experience
· Knowledge in the telecom product market would be a plus
· Business Integrity and compliance with business ethics are essential
· Commercial thinking
· Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
· Persuading and influencing
· Consultative skills being able to orchestrate and enabling efficient decision making
· Applying expertise and technology
· Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
· Working autonomously
· Contract negotiation Skills
· Pricing and terms and condition negotiation Skills
· Ability to run end to end Procurement Process
· Commercial Acumen & Skills
· Communication Skills
· Financial Acumen & Skills
· Local Laws & Regulations Knowledge
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.