• Relevant production planning/scheduling experience
• Practical knowledge of a FMCG environment
• Strong MRP system(s) user
• SAP Super User
• APICS qualification
• Degree qualified within relevant subject
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
Our global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine
The Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Aquafresh, Sensodyne & Macleans, producing in excess of 400,000,000 tubes of toothpaste and 18 million bottles of Mouthwash per year for consumers across Europe and the Middle East.
The Raw Materials Scheduler plays a key role in ensuring that this advanced operation continues to run on a 24/7 basis. Working within the Master Production Plan you will be accountable for all material activities and ensuring material availability.
There will be opportunities for you to grow very quickly within this role, including taking full responsibility and ownership of your products and production lines. Plus support to achieve SAP Super User status.
Day to Day Duties
• Accountable for all material activities and ensure availability for the Master Production Plan in-line with parameters and supplier scheduling agreements. Proactively working with Suppliers and Procurement to mitigate any potential material shortages.
• Responsible for calling off required materials based on production plan.
• Manage & review requirement plans, managing materials by exceptions, Follow up continuously on open PO;s, expediting PO’s within lead-times. Maintain in ERP system ensuring correct expected delivery dates.
• Liaise with local Procurement to monitor & manage supplier performance.
• Resolve invoice queries against purchase orders for which Material Scheduler is responsible for.
• Manage, coordinate and control the introduction of new product launches whilst maintaining strict adherence to the planning constraints.
• Analysing inventory levels, ensuring stock accuracy within the supply chain.
• Identification and mitigation of stock at risk and working with key support functions in processing any inventory write off requests and run outs. Management of effectivity dates within ERP system and leading a RCA for high value run outs.
• Own the obsoletion process for all materials within work centre, ensuring transactions are approved at the appropriate level and stock disposed within agreed targets.
• Responsible for tracking vendor performance against contracts/scheduling agreements and purchase orders.
• Accountable for constant monitoring, maintenance and complete accuracy of all Logistics master data related to the selected work centres for which the Material Scheduler is responsible.
• Ensure suppliers and new materials are set up and categorised correctly.
• Supporting SAP users to ensure efficient and effective use of the SAP system.
• Continuously improve scheduling processes using best practice technology.
• Analysing material inventory and proposing opportunities to further develop VMI and inventory level targets.
• Take personal accountability for maintained EHS and GMP standards.