- Bio Engineer or University degree in sciences or equivalent acquired through experience
- experience in leadership managing large teams of about 20 people is highly recommended
- Knowledge of GMP for biological products and manufacturing requirements (sterility, disinfection, media, etc.)
- Good knowledge of cellular and viral culture processes
- Knowledge on pharmaceutical technologies would be an asset
- knowledge of root-cause analysis tool (Ishikawa, 5 Whys, ...) is recommended.
- High level of flexibility, sense of priorities, communication and good organizational skills.
- able to work under pressure with a customer centric approach
- Good level of written and spoken English
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities :
- Supervises day to day bulk vaccines logistics operations in a multiple products environment, managing a team of about 20 people (technicians, operators)
- Responsible for activities and resources engaged in the production process and for their continuous optimization
- Co-ordinates manpower targets, resources and skills
- Evaluates capacities (employees and machines) necessary to the completion of the production plan
- May be involved in the coordination of supply and demand
- Has the role of representing his activities in external audits
- Among the activities, it might include warehousing, storage, movement and supply of raw materials, intermediate products and supplies related to bulk processes
- Great organizational capacity to organize and optimize the internal flows in a multi viral bulk production unit, able to communicate and engage to all levels
- Motivates and encourages a team of employees to improve and maintain expected volumes and productivity. Has authority for hiring, termination; discipline and performance decision.
- Applies the recommended processes and anticipates potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with existing procedures.
- Ensures compliance of the operations with GMP and Authorities requirements. Monitors quality of the production in close collaboration with QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Responsible to implement the Operational Excellence Process in his area/ group, including TIER meetings, KPI definition and follow up, problem solving, etc.
- Organizes and monitors performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- Coordinate specific projects of improvement to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity, security and simplification
- Provide technical support , mentoring and coaching to direct reports in order support their day to day operations and difficulties
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.