• Working experience required in portfolio/project and/or performance management, or comparable area
• Demonstrated project management skills with successful implementation experience of global projects/programs
• Experience working in global multicultural environment and complex matrix organisations
• Ability to work through complex data/information to derive simple solutions
• Good understanding of six sigma/lean methodologies and principles preferred
• Strong presentation skills and proficient with Microsoft Excel (advanced user preferred)
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Enable and drive changes, influence senior stakeholders: HIGH
• Negotiation skills
• Multicultural mindset
• Strategy and vision
• Working across boundaries
• Ability to plan for future
• Team work ability
• Networking and facilitation skills
• Coaching, mentoring, training
• Problem solving attitude
• Can-do spirit
• Customer focus
• Able to propose solutions in critical situations
• Prioritization skills
The role is responsible for driving strong central management, oversight on execution, and evolution of MSAT project portfolio and performance. This role will closely collaborate with MSAT LT, MSAT sub-functional PMOs, SMEs and external functions’ PMOs to ensure continuous alignment and progress of MSAT project portfolio and performance.
The role would serve as MSAT single point of contact (SPOC) for day to day management of MSAT project portfolio and performance for both internal MSAT and external stakeholders.
1) Portfolio Execution Process Management and Monitoring
• Ensures development, management and continuous evolution of processes and tools for efficient periodic portfolio review and tracking
• Ensures efficient collaboration with MSAT LT, sub-functional PMOs/relays and external stakeholders and PMOs to drive execution and evolution of project portfolio
• Serves as single point of contact (SPOC) for yearly operational planning (YOP) process
• Tracks project portfolio progress against baselines. Identifies risks and issues; propose re-prioritization, remediation or escalation
2) Strategic Alignment and Prioritization:
• Works with the MSAT PMO Head and other stakeholders to drive the execution of yearly strategic alignment process
• Develops, maintains and continuously improves prioritization framework to drive fact based prioritization for MSAT led projects in alignment with GIO/Q Strategic Roadmap
• Works closely with the PMO network to ensure cross-functional alignment
3) Demand/Capacity Management and Resource Allocation:
• Ensures use of appropriate tools to manage MSAT and external project resource request and available capacity for effective resource allocation
• Conducts regular comparison of demand (workload) vs. capacity and facilitates any decision/action to ensure coherence and portfolio sustainability
4) Benefits Management:
• Ensures robust project budgeting process is in place and drive its continuous improvement
• Works with MSAT Finance partner to embed project budgeting as part of the financial processes
• Implements a common process for benefits management in MSAT, not only limited to projects
5) Governance and Communication:
• Ensures appropriate governance is in place to manage the portfolio execution and evolution
• Lead and drive portfolio/project review board meetings (PRBs)
• Drive effective and timely communication to MSAT teams and external stakeholders through appropriate communication channels
6) Capability Building
• Ensure appropriate project management training curriculum in place/available as per competency level in alignment with the central PMO team and training manager
• Support capability building in the teams to improve project planning capabilities and quality of delivery
• Manage project management “community of practice” for best practice sharing
7) Drive implementation and continuous evolution of performance management processes in MSAT through implementation of a balanced scorecard process to measure performance
8) Ensure performance monitoring at all tiers of the organisation and its effective, harmonized and tailored communication to respective stakeholders through monthly reporting channels
9) Serve SPOC for GIO/Q performance management process
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.