We’re making a difference to the world we live in every day. In Siemens Mobility we’re keeping the world moving forward. Can you help us on this journey?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Materials Supervisor to join our Intelligent Traffic Systems business based in Enfield, London.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will support the maintaining and administering stock requirements; issuing, receiving and unloading of stock from suppliers, couriers and engineers. As Materials Supervisor you will also have first line management responsibility therefore supervisory experience is desirable.
- Be responsible for the picking and issuing of stock as detailed on all dispatch notes to installers, engineers, internal depots and customer sites
- Work in a safe and tidy manner when moving the stock in and out of the warehouse in-keeping with the company’s health and safety guidelines
- Ensure the filing of all documentation relating to goods receipt and dispatch manifests are kept up to date
- Work closely with the Logistics Controller to manage the bookings and any process and stock related issues that may arise
- Be responsible for the confidentiality of information and assist in carrying out regular stock checks and audits
- Undertake appropriate training in line with the addition of new equipment and systems through formal and informal training, including on the job training
- Have line management responsibility for a number of materials employees including performance reviews
We take Health and Safety of our people very seriously therefore you will have a duty to comply with all our Health and Safety Procedures and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- 4 GCSE’s including Mathematics and English (Grades A-C), however there are other criteria on which ability in these areas can be assessed e.g. passed a functional skills test in the last 5 years that demonstrates the numerical and literacy skills to the level of GCSE
- Supervisory experience
- Current forklift licence desirable
- Someone with knowledge of SAP or a similar system which you will use for ordering and managing materials in a warehouse environment
- Someone who is familiar with the process of receiving and checking goods in and out of a warehouse operation so experience of working in a warehouse environment is essential
- Someone who communicates effectively with people at all levels
- Someone who is meticulous and accurate and has a good eye for detail
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Different genders, ages, races and sexualities. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. That’s how you create change.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.