Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It’s no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed – and you’ll see results quickly. If you’re constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you’ll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
The primary function of the Merchandising function is to maximise Stock and Availability for stores to drive Sales and Contribution, whilst managing exit stock levels within budget. We are currently seeking a Merchandiser to join our Impulse team based at our Travel Head Office in Liverpool Street to deliver Stock, OTB, Availability, Range Reviews and promotions within set Budgets.
What you'll do
* Monitoring stock, availability and fulfilment level v forecast and budgeted levels
* Day to day management of OTB, Intake, Exit Stock and Mark Downs within budgeted levels
* Working with Suppliers to agree / approve forward intake plans to Maximise Sales, availability and minimise Mark Downs and Write Offs
* Ensuring Promotional and New Range Launches fall with agreed Launch % Availability and Timescales
* Manage the Critical Path relating to Promotions, Range Reviews, New Range Launches
* Analysis to support Range Review, Range Construction and Range Optimisation.
* Collaboratively agree ranging decisions with Buyer and markdown plans for all exit stock
* Improvement, Innovation and Simplification of current processes and reporting
* Preparation of reports
Who we're looking for
* Recent relevant experience within a Merchandising role, ideally gained in a Retail or FMCG environment
* Previous Merchandising experience within Snacking. Food or Drinks categories
* Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Data Manipulation
* Strong analytical skills & customer focus
* Personal integrity and drive to succeed
* Keen eye for detail and accuracy
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable within a fast paced environment
* Experience of using in-house Stock, forecast and product management systems (IE. TRMS, Teradata, SQL’s)
* Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence cross functionally
* Line management experience would be highly beneficial
Why Join Us?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 25 days holiday, contributory pension, store discount card and childcare vouchers. For customer focus, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport and provide 5 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.